• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are Your Ancestors From?

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I have ancestors from Spain, Panama, Italy, and Greece. I know I have more from other places as well, but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. My mom and her family are from Panama, and I lived there for a while myself when I was little.

linkman8

True and Noble
Well my ancestors come from quite a few places, so I'll list the major ones and the smaller ones.

Major- (Germany, England) <- biggest
Minor- Scotland, Denmark, France (a little tiny bit), and a quite a bit from Norway

I think the two biggest ones that are in my head right now are Germany and Czechoslovakia. Can't remember the rest.

Amelie

Air Dancer
All the ancesters my parents tell me about.. and there parents and grand parents are from Norway and Germany ^^

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
As far as I know all my family comes from the Netherlands, but I never investigated the whole family tree or something.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I only know that some are from Canada. My Grandma can speak French. That is about all that I know. I also know that me, my mom, and my dad are all from U.S.A.

Claire

The Geekette
Where are my ancestors from? Well, quite the question - since I am such a devotee to genealogy. The following are the countries of origin I have evidence to support:

Ireland, England, Scotland, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and the United States*.

*I have some ancestors which were part of the Blackfoot tribe, located in Montana-Canada.

I currently have absolutely no information about the origin of my father's last name, because they arrived in the United States before Ellis Island was constructed to keep documentation, so there is no one with my last name on record.

So far, we've found connections with Norway, Sweden, Austria, Hungary, and Belgium. There is a staggering population from Norway with surnames extremely similar to mine, by spelling and by pronunciation. So until I am capable of finding the connection between my last name, the valley where they originally settled, and manage to find some documentation - Norway is the closest country to hold my father's ancestry, as my own.

I hope to be successful, and so far I was able to find one Irish family all the way back to 820 A.D.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
irish, spanish(basque to be specific), danish, and hungarian.

ive learned from stories told to me by my grandparents that i am related to some kind of royalty from spain, denmark, and hungary, the irish weren't so lucky.

the spanish bit is that the king went and had affair with the maid and the maid ran away. Denmark, the daughter of the duke loved the stable boy, dady found out, they ran away, duke send assasin who kills stable boy(that is 100% true, the first im not quite sure) Hungary, related to royalty but got banished during the rise of communism:(. and somehow all these people end up having children who have children who come to america.

those poor irish-men came over and settled in pennsylvania. ooooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom