• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are Your Ancestors From?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm dutch but partly german from my mom's side. My great grandmom was german and my last name sounds belgian/french and according to my granddad from my dad's side their roots are going back there too.

Y

Yoru Yama

My family is from Italy and I'm part Mayan (from Guatemala.)

My ancestors came from France centuries ago. But I also know that my great-great grandmother (from my father's side, I believe) came from Scotland.

Last edited:

Ikana

Trollkastel
I only know a few and that's from my mom side and my dads side.On my moms side its mostly Irish and a little German.On my Dads side its Scottish,Irish,and mostly German.My Last name mostly sounds like its from Scotland due to the Mac part of it but I don't know if that's true since that's what my teacher said.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My recent ancestors are supposedly from Germany, Scotland, and Ireland.

But according to DNA testing, my distant paternal ancestors are most likely from northern Finland. My distant maternal ancestors are most likely from Austria.

Y-DNA: I1d
mtDNA: W3 (and my STR markers line up most with samples from Austria).

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Nearly all of the relatives on my father's side are mixed between Irish, Scottish and American Indian,
while my mother's side is German, mainly.

so... yes. X>

Dad's side - Norway, Sweeden, Germany

Mom's side - Germany

I know theres other ethnicities involved... to the point I'm 1/16th Norwegian, but I'm not quite sure the actual break down.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Well, on my Mother's side, my ancestry is mostly British, with a little bit of Irish, Scottish, and French. Fun fact: My great grandfather owned a major tin corporation, but went bankrupt sometime around the invention of cheap plastics. :xd:
My father's ancestry is primarily Polish and Russian, and partially Swiss and German.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
My parents and grandparents were all born in Canada (Where I live). My grandma on my mom's side is full Ukranian, my grandpa on my mom's side is full Scottish, my other grandma is full French and my other grandpa is half Scottish and half German. So I'm Canadian, Scottish, French, Ukranian and German.

I also have a fun fact like DuckNoises. Two, actually. My Great Great Grandma lived until she was 102 and I met her on her 100th birthday. The second is that she used to live in Ukraine until she was 14. She came to Canada alone. Her friend bought her tickets to go on the Titanic for her journey from Europe to Canada but the tickets apparently didn't arrive on time and she had to take a different boat. If the tickets arrived on time, she would have gone on the Titanic. I don't think I need to explain what would have happened if she DID go on it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom