• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are They Fighting?

Vibed

must read before he posts
Ruined Castle?

EDIT: Entirely moved, ok. Sorry about the re-post JucieJ. :)

It seems to be a interesting ground. Maybe it used to be (or still is) an interloper's castle? It does have it's similarities to that spot in Skyloft though...Actually, to me they look identical! The statue's pic even has a section of wall broken off.

And on another note, the close ups of Link and Zelda that show right after the statue appears to be in that courtyard area as well.

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
It's such a short clip and shows almost nothing of value to show exactly what it is. Although it looks like there's a huge tree stump in the background. (I'm not entirely sure what it is) It may be a rock. I also don't think that's of any importance either anyway.

Majora's Cat

How about that
This is an excellent observation, Vibed. Now, I assume that the final battle between Link and Lord Ghirahim will take place in Hyrule rather than Skyloft, as battles away from home are tradition in Zelda games. The dark sky and ruins of the castle look very similar to the setting of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess' final battles. After reviewing the video a few times and pausing it where most of the castle ruins can be seen, I realized that the reddish sky bears a striking resemblance to the tainted sky in Twilight Princess, just with less bloom and brightness. (I took a screen picture of the castle ruins below. Beside it are the settings of Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time's final battles with Ganon)

Castle Ruins.jpg TP Final Battle.jpg OoT Final Battle.jpg

Now, this could very well be the same Hyrule Castle as is shown in Ocarina of Time or an iteration of the castle that pre-dates it. Taking a closer look, the sky appears to be very cloudy, meaning the battle can't possibly take place in Skyloft because Link's home is above the clouds.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This has been brought up before, so I've merged the threads.

It looks identical to the goddess statue structure on Skyloft. Here's a good comparison:

SS_goddess_detail.jpg

attachment.php

the wall on the bottom-left of the top image shows the same wear on the wall, with the top crumbled. There's also the pyramid roof.

On a second look however, some of the more minute patters seem to be a little off. =/

skybird11

state alchemist
but when link boss fights him, girahim doesnt have his robe on but in these pic he has it on. the e3 trailor could just be a promo and not real gameplay

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
but when link boss fights him, girahim doesnt have his robe on but in these pic he has it on. the e3 trailor could just be a promo and not real gameplay
You'll be fighting him several times. We've seen him show up during the statue boss battle as well. In the demo, he does imply that he'll be fighting you again.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
This has been brought up before, so I've merged the threads.

It looks identical to the goddess statue structure on Skyloft. Here's a good comparison:

SS_goddess_detail.jpg

attachment.php

the wall on the bottom-left of the top image shows the same wear on the wall, with the top crumbled. There's also the pyramid roof.

On a second look however, some of the more minute patters seem to be a little off. =/

Woah, sweet find!
The pyramid definitely matches, and the wear and tear is similar. The wall's style type could be a common design for Skyloft architecture, so that's a clue. Attack on Skyloft, perhaps?

The City in the Sky was built. Skyloft was once part of the land below. They can't be the same.

;) I know that JJ. I concur with you, as I myself have stated numerous times before in some other threads. I was not really implying that Skyloft and The City in the Sky are one and the same (not trying to anyway), I'm against that, as there are implications that strongly say otherwise (such as CitS appearing to be more of a semi-mechanically hovering construct(see propellers ?) in contrast to Skyloft's more seemingly natural(?) magical suspension in air). I'm just open to the idea that the two places are somehow connected.

The place in question could very well be one of many other suggested islands that float about the Sea of Clouds(name?), or more closely, a sort of satellite sky island to Skyloft itself, hence the architectural comparisons. ...suggesting as though Skyloft is a series of closely clustered islands similar to Venice, Italy, but in the sky, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ghirahim in Skyloft

I was watching the E3 2011 trailer when I noticed that the walls around the giant goddess statue and the ones around where link and Ghirahim do battle at the end of the trailer are the same. I take this to mean that during the game Ghirahim will actually end up in skyloft for some reason, perhaps to destroy the place. Take a look the the picture to see what I mean.
Ghirahim in skyloft.jpg

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Damn! I had thought that I had analyzed that scene thouroughly before, and I hadn't spotted that. Great find! I hope this means that the final battle with Ghirahim will be in Skyloft, that would be so epic to collide the chaos from below with the peace and every-day life of Skyloft. I think it will make us care more about beating him than if we fought him somewere else...

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
Ahhhhhhh! No, I don't want Skyloft, probably one of the only peacefull places in the game, to be destroyed! Look at it! *sniffles*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom