• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are the Goddesses Now?

B

Blizzard78

I've wondered where the three goddesses are after creating the land. Are they in the sacred realm? Or still in the heavens?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
They are in Miyamotos imagination.....Nah just kidding....maybe they are in in other lands like Din and Nayru, maybe they took human forms forgot their godesses ability but still use them (Ex: Din changes seasons when she dances, Nayru makes time flow when she plays music)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Well, if they're goddesses, they're in the heavens, and don't have a "human form." The Din and Nayru from the Oracle games were just that: oracles. Oracles aren't gods or goddesses, here's how dictionary.com defines it:

any person or thing serving as an agency of divine communication.

In other words, an oracle isn't a god or goddess, it's more like the Pope, or a priest.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've had that same question. The origin story ('the point at which they left the land became known as...') and the description of the Triforce (inanimate, can't tell right from wrong, requires MS to be created) presented to us seem to reflect deism, but then we're told that the Hylians can hear them and pray to them, and they obviously display their power via the flood seal.

But we all know they flew back to their distant nebula! =D

I think they are in the Sacred Realm, as the spirit of the Triforce. The Triforce talks to you at the end of A Link to the Past and since the Triforce is the relic of the godesses' power the spirit really couldn't be anyone else.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Maybe they're watching Hyrule from the Heavens, perhaps even presiding over the Hyrulean Afterlife, looking in upon their three "chosens," making wagers upon which one will "win" this time around, and passing the popcorn.

According to one of my cracked-out fanfics, they're living on the top of a mountain, hidden from mortal eyes, running science experiments on Hyrule. Din is doing terraforming projects (the reason why the landscape changes so much from game to game), Farore's creating new lifeforms (why we get new monsters and things like Rito cropping up game to game), and etc. -- Oh, yes, according to that fic, the Great Flood wasn't divine intervention, it was a big "Whoops!" between Din and Nayru when an experiment went wrong.

Of course, they could have just flown off from Hyrule to create other worlds. *Shrug.*

I always assumed they were in the heavens... being goddesses and all.

Isn't there a scene in one of the games that they ascend after creation? Though I could be mixing things up in my head.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think they are in the Sacred Realm, as the spirit of the Triforce. The Triforce talks to you at the end of A Link to the Past and since the Triforce is the relic of the godesses' power the spirit really couldn't be anyone else.
I think this also happens in OoX. However, LttP's manual gives a completely contradictory description of the ToX. It says that the gods "depart[ed] from this realm," and that "the Triforce itself cannot judge between good and evil... because only the gods can do that." ...but then the game's intro says it's omnicient. So it seems that Nintendo wasn't even sure about these details back then. Perhaps we should focus on more recent material.

I always assumed they were in the heavens... being goddesses and all.

Isn't there a scene in one of the games that they ascend after creation? Though I could be mixing things up in my head.
Yes, in OoT, and LttP's manual which I quoted above. We know they left this realm, but it is unclear whether they resided in the heavens and watched over the realm or just left completely.

arent thay conseled in the triforse? as sead in oot tha terned into the triforse didint thay?
OoT and LttP said they created the ToX and left it at the point at which they left this realm. It contains their power, but not themselves.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yea, I thought that they merged their powers together to form the Triforce. But in WW, the goddesses flooded Hyrule, so they are probably in the heavens. They couldn't be in the SR, because Ganondorf just isn't the kind of guy you wanna hang out with :P

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well if you believe in God, he just kind of leaves and watches from above after creating the world. I would assume that the Goddesses do the same. They've created the world, they've created the Triforce so they will just sit and watch and intervene when necessary (like when they flooded Hyrule to stop Ganondorf from taking it over).

T

The_man

I just so happen to know that din quite and is now on unemployment and the other 2 are making ice sculptures in greenland. For real i believe that they are the tri-force

Majora's Cat

How about that
:facepalm: I laughed out loud at some of these responses, but not Zemen's.

The goddesses continue to watch over Hyrule - they are like protective angels or gods, making sure that peril does not face Hyrule again. Din, Nayru and Farore have flooded Hyrule and could be tempted to commit similar acts to help keep Hyrule safe from further danger, but there will always be another great evil that emerges from the darkness.

I really don't understand the point of this thread as we all know that the goddesses' duty is to protect and watch over the land of Hyrule. It's rather like a mother and her baby - the goddesses have to constantly surveil their land, making sure Ganon doesn't rise again. And if he does, they will always do something to try to stop him and protect their baby, also known as Hyrule.

When we think of the terms "gods" or "goddesses", it really should be simple to understand what they do and where they are - the goddesses reside in the Sacred Realm and always protect Hyrule and the Triforce, for that is their purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom