• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where are all skyloft's dead people?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Only reason why I believe it to be true is that Link has to open the clouds in order to gain access to the surface. Otherwise he could visit all three provinces from the beginning.

I thought it just meant its impenetrable to loftwings. You could be right though he actually has to open a area in the clouds to jump to the surface, but it also could be just a area made to get his bearings instead of just randomely jumping and ending up in weird spots way off course of were he should be.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Guys i think we all know the truth, the citizens of Skyloft are cannibals where else do they get their meat? i doubt they'd eat their partner Loftwing though they could eat the Deceased's Loftwing

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I thought it just meant its impenetrable to loftwings. You could be right though he actually has to open a area in the clouds to jump to the surface, but it also could be just a area made to get his bearings instead of just randomely jumping and ending up in weird spots way off course of were he should be.
This is the quote from Fi about when Link acquires the tablets:

Fi said:
Master Link, it is done. Until now, a cloud barrier created by the goddess has separated the world you know from the one below. The tablet you placed in the altar has opened a small rift in the cloud barrier. You can use it to travel through the clouds to the realm below. I have recognized you as my master, and so it is my duty to follow you wherever you may go

It does seem like there is some kind of barrier between the clouds and the surface. I was probably conjured up by Hylia to protect the Hylians from Demise and his army should they find a way to reach the clouds.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It does seem like there is some kind of barrier between the clouds and the surface. I was probably conjured up by Hylia to protect the Hylians from Demise and his army should they find a way to reach the clouds.

wait so if people did throw the dead off into the clouds wouldn't that just make them get stuck on that barrier

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Guys i think we all know the truth, the citizens of Skyloft are cannibals where else do they get their meat? i doubt they'd eat their partner Loftwing though they could eat the Deceased's Loftwing
Exactly, they grind them up and turn them into red potion. For 'health'.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
wait so if people did throw the dead off into the clouds wouldn't that just make them get stuck on that barrier
That's what I was originally thinking. Unless the barrier isn't exactly physical and instead it's just an endless fall as the original quote alludes to.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
There are several examples of inanimate objects falling from the sky into the world below so I think this is proof that the Cloud Barrier is not exactly physical. There must be a spell that prevents humans and lofwings from passing directly through the clouds. Although the spell might not apply once someone is dead.

(Another important thing that the Clouds probably prevent from passing through would be the demons and monsters that live on the surface. In fact, I think this may the most important function of the clouds. Think about it what would be worse: A few humans venturing below and dying on the surface, or a hoard of monsters reaching Skyloft and attacking)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
That's what I was originally thinking. Unless the barrier isn't exactly physical and instead it's just an endless fall as the original quote alludes to.

Maybe. Although Joe brought this up...

There are several examples of inanimate objects falling from the sky into the world below so I think this is proof that the Cloud Barrier is not exactly physical. There must be a spell that prevents humans and lofwings from passing directly through the clouds. Although the spell might not apply once someone is dead.

(Another important thing that the Clouds probably prevent from passing through would be the demons and monsters that live on the surface. In fact, I think this may the most important function of the clouds. Think about it what would be worse: A few humans venturing below and dying on the surface, or a hoard of monsters reaching Skyloft and attacking)

Objects have been known to fall beneath the clouds, they are of course inanimate objects. The cloud barriar isn't exactly like a huge solid thing, certain things can penetrate it, like inanimate objects. I kind of like the idea of the endless fall theory you brought up JC. Since the orginal quote you brought up does say people have fallen through the clouds but were never seen again. Their decomposing corpses are never seen on the surface either. Maybe what happens is inanimate objects can pass through, but humans cannot and instead get trapped in an endless fall?

It would seem just throwing the dead people off of skyloft isn't as easy of an explanation as I had once thought.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Animals and monsters below would eat corpses, so there wouldn't be decomposing bodies everywhere anyway.

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
I imagine the Demon under Skyloft sicks his evil kitties to devour the dead and/or dieing, making catnip an unnecessary incentive afterwards. Makes sense why they are so cute and lovable during the day, and then outright *****es at night. Damn sassy kitties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom