• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When's it too early for Christmas???

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
so when dya put your Christmas decs up?? whens too early to put christmas decs up? and when is too soon for shops to put the christmas stock out??

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There used to be a time I couldn't wait for Christmas to come. The sooner the better. But last couple of years I don't really care. Yes, I still love Christmas but I don't care about decorating anything that much anymore

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Anything before 1st advent. After that it's alright with me.

BUT the christmas tree shouldn't be there until just a few days before christmas. I know a lot of people who get their christmas tree as early as possible, but then they're so tired of it that they get rid of it basically the day after christmas. It's better to get it near christmas, then keep it during new years and a while into January until you get rid of it.
We've got an old saying in Sweden that goes: "Tjugondag Knut städas julen ut!"
It means that you're supposed to clean away all the christmas stuff 20 days after christmas (the Knut part to make it rhyme is just because that is the name that has its nameday that day). Lots of people cleans it away earlier than that, but I try to stick with traditions

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My family usually has our decorations set up in early November. Sometimes we save tree decorating for Thanksgiving day. Just depends.

No time is too soon, really. It's whatever each family or person wants to do.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My dad isn't a fan of Christmas stuff so we usually wait until after his birthday to decorate (that being December 18th). That being said I feel like Christmas decorations are all right any time after Thanksgiving. Any time before that is just annoying imo. Pretty sure Halloween is the only thing keeping Christmas from spreading into the rest of the year like an infectious parasite :rolleyes:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
My dad isn't a fan of Christmas stuff so we usually wait until after his birthday to decorate (that being December 18th). That being said I feel like Christmas decorations are all right any time after Thanksgiving. Any time before that is just annoying imo. Pretty sure Halloween is the only thing keeping Christmas from spreading into the rest of the year like an infectious parasite :rolleyes:
That sounds amazing please adopt me

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Anything before Halloween is too early. I love Christmas but the magic is gone if it starts too soon. I will refuse to even look at Christmas stuff before Halloween because I don't want it to be spoiled for me when the true time comes. This usually means avoiding garden centers who are notorious for putting their Christmas decoration sales out early some even in August!

Personally just before December is right to put up the decorations which means that I can enjoy the spirit of Christmas for the entire month. I will either put them up tomorrow or next Wednesday. I will be going all out. I have 5 artificial Christmas trees and I shall also be getting a natural grown one as well. Decorating every room in my house and also in my clinic. Will probably take down early January.

Christmas decorating is the best and I am very excited!!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Anything before Halloween is too early. I love Christmas but the magic is gone if it starts too soon. I will refuse to even look at Christmas stuff before Halloween because I don't want it to be spoiled for me when the true time comes. This usually means avoiding garden centers who are notorious for putting their Christmas decoration sales out early some even in August!

Personally just before December is right to put up the decorations which means that I can enjoy the spirit of Christmas for the entire month. I will either put them up tomorrow or next Wednesday. I will be going all out. I have 5 artificial Christmas trees and I shall also be getting a natural grown one as well. Decorating every room in my house and also in my clinic. Will probably take down early January.

Christmas decorating is the best and I am very excited!!
whats Akira (doggie do)???

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Before Halloween is too early.

After Halloween is when you can start putting decorations up, but my wife and I never trim the tree until after Thanksgiving. Our tradition after Thanksgiving is to trim the tree listening to Christmas music classics, and afterwards, enjoy a glass of egg nog.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don’t celebrate Christmas so I don’t put any decorations up. If I did celebrate I’d say maybe no more than 2 weeks out would be the perfect amount of Christmas carol time without them overstaying their welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom