• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When you're not waiting for Zelda

As Zelda fans we spend most of our lives waiting. Most franchises get 2 or 3 installments each generation while recently we've been lucky to get just one...

However, BotW is almost here and when it is we'll okay the hell out of it.

After that we know it'll be a couple of years before we see the next Zelda and half a decade until we get to play it.

So what do you wait for when youre not waiting for Zelda? When you know a reveal or even confirmation of a new title is a while away which franchises do you then focus on?

When Zelda isnt on the cards which franchises do you follow/wait for releases of?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly the only franchise I care about even remotely as much as I do for Zelda is Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter games always keep me occupied. I also enjoy Pokemon but nowhere near as much as Zelda or Monster Hunter. If it's not one of those then it's some other 3DS game I like. 3DS has plenty of 'em to keep me occupied.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
When I'm not waiting for Zelda, I'm probably doing the IRL thing where I bounce between school and work. But when I'm waiting for Zelda, boy oh boy, that IRL stuff takes the bizzy-back SEAT nam sayin nickel, this ish be for realz yo. When BURESU OBU ZA WAIARUDO releases in a month and few days from now, I'm seriously going to tune everything out for two weeks. Fourteen days. Just to get my game on. Every trailer they release makes me hornier than the last, and I can't recall the last time a Zelda game has done that to me except maybe Twilight Princess.

karu

Panamaniac
I wait for something to kill me because I can't wait for Zelda that long :) Really other than that, I don't wait for much. Just next episodes from my favorite series.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Lie in bed in the fetal position and hope that God is truly merciful and allows me to have a quick painless death as I am swallowed by the oblivion.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
While waiting for Breath of the Wild I decided to give Metroid Prime a go. Turns out that was a great decision, I am really enjoying the game and now it has opened up a new Nintendo franchise for me.

As a big fan of the manga Berserk, the band Tool, and the cinematic works of Quentin Tarantino I am never EVER free of the torment of waiting for things to come out. Some of the games I had been waiting for other than Zelda were FFXV and Last Guardian, but those actually DID come out, which I had honestly given up on seeing in my lifetime. Now I'm stuck waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. Forever. I'm also still waiting for Nintendo to at least acknowledge the possibility of more Punch Out games, since, you know, it's been a decade. And it'd be nice to get a new proper Metroid game... or a new F-Zero game. Still waiting for Konami to sell the rights to Silent Hill so that someone can resurrect it. And obviously I count down so much time each day just waiting for the sun to swallow the Earth and release me from the shame of my humanity.

Oh KH3 isn't a PS4 exclusive and is coming to One as well? Well, that's awesome news! Now I'm even happier I got the XBox One when I did. I'm disappointed Star Ocean 5 didn't get a One port, but at least I've still got FFXV and KH3 to look forward to when I'm all done with BotW. I guess Assassin's Creed: Syndicate would be another one I'd want to get my hands on and 100% as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom