• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When you have nobody to nerd with

I imagine this will have happened to a lot of us.

Some news is released for something close to your heart, a game reveal, a movie trailer etc... and you have no one to share it with.

Be it that you're the only one you know who likes the franchise in question or there's no one around to enjoy the moment.

For me I still love Digimon and we're currently in the middle of a major fan-friendly event for those who put the time in all those years ago... but I'm the only one i know who still cares that I know...

What do you do when you're the only one who cares about something you find exciting?

Do you join a forum?
Keep it all to yourself?
Tell a friend who doesnt care?

How do you nerd when you're all alone?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I do the first and third on your list. My friends have been covered in info they don't care about way too much :P I've joined a lot of forums, especially with the whole Sonic Archie thing a couple months back, but I don't tend to stay around them for very long.
But yeah, this is the worst feeling.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
All 3.

Joined here cuz no one in RL wanted to know.

Kept it to myself over some games and films

and I MAKE my friends take an interest. 9/10 times i get him more nerdy than me

Ninja

Well well well
Do you join a forum?
Keep it all to yourself?
Tell a friend who doesnt care?

How do you nerd when you're all alone?

This is probably the only forum I have joined in the past few years. Usually if I want to read or learn about the games I'm nerding about, I'll lurk on the games subreddit.

My wife knows I'm crazy into certain video games. She's not really a gamer but she does enjoy sitting with me and watching me play games.

If I'm alone, I just run around the house yelling quotes about it until my dogs are ready to throw themselves down the stairs.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I joined ZD because I wanted people to nerd out with. That's how I handled my Zelda nerding.

I handled my D&D nerding by starting 4 different clubs. One at my old middle school for my school friends (During school), one at my fencing club (It turns out a LOT of fencers play D&D. Like 5 of us got together to create that. I credit myself with being a founder, but not the only founder). My third one was one at my own home, and the last one was a refounding of the deceased school D&D club (THis club also died after a few days).

The fencing one is going stronger than we hoped it would. It started out with a close group of us, but then each of us brought friends, or we learned that another fencer wanted in, or something, and right now we are past maximum capacity and may need to cut some people. The home D&D campaign is barely alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom