• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When You Fold Your Hands, Which Thumb is on Top?

Which is on top?

• Right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Mandy has made everyone who has read this thread title fold their hands.

When I fold my hands, the right thumb goes on top. It feels better than having my left them on top.

Yeah well... I got everyone to smell their games consoles.
I'm a left thumb.

octorok74

TETTAC
Generally it is my right thumb that is on top. But every now and again I wind up with my left thumb on top. Not often, but it still happens.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I actually put my right thumb on top naturally! Woo! I'm in the minority for once! XD

However, take note that I'm also right handed. So I'm not so sure that your dominant hand has anything to do with it. I think it just seems that way because being right handed and folding with your left thumb on top are both dominant, so it's more likely that you will have both.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Even though I'm right-handed, my left thumb goes on top. In the psychological community, there's a theory as to the significance of this trait.

TEST 3 - THE THUMB TEST

What to do:
Interlock the fingers of your hands, and place one thumb on top of the other.

Analysis:
The brain works in two general modes. In one mode (often called ‘right-brained’), it is more intuitive, visual, and creative. In the other (often called ‘left-brained’), it is more logical, sequential, and language based. In many ways, it is like having an artist and accountant arguing in your head, and you keep flipping between the two.

All of us work in both modes, but everyone naturally tends towards one or the other.

People who place their right thumb on top of their left thumb tend to be left-brain dominant, and are thus more verbal and analytical. Those placing their left thumb on top of their right thumbs tend to be a right-brain dominant, and thus excel in visual, spatial and intuitive tasks.

I don't actually know if that's true, but it's interesting to think about nonetheless.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Left. It's the dominant trait, so I'm not surprised that that's the case for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom