• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda When Will Zelda Die?

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Now, I do not want the series to die. Ever. But, with the way Nintendo is going, the Zelda series might prove to be more work than it is worth and it will be shut down. Don't get me wrong, I love the modern games. Just, Zelda used to be a mainstream series. Now it seems only long-time fans play it, and Nintendo is starting to lose some of those fans. I know Nintendo sells very well, but they cannot even begin to compete with Sony and Microsoft. I forsee that these poor sales will cause Nintendo to turn into a Japan-only company, killing Zelda (and any other Nintendo franchise) off from the world. When do you think this will happen, or why would something similar to this happen? When will Zelda die?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh the series might die in 20 years give or take a decade as long as it's going with this current style. Hearken back to oldschool Zelda - and I'm not talking about the top down perspective here but the soul of the series - and the series may be reinvigorated. :I

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So long as people continue to support the games by buying them, the series will go on, I believe. A series like Mario and Zelda is hard to die just like that, those franchises have deep roots. :nod:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda was never mainstream.

This is as close to mainstream as the series is gonna get and that's mainly due to internet memes.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Whoa, for a second there I thought you meant the character :zelda:

But yeah, I'm hoping the franchise will stay afloat for as long as possible. It'd be a real shame if such classics were to die :(

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Dude, how many little kids have I seen playing OoT3D, and plenty of kids enjoyed SS. The future is secure. Zelda is amazing by anyone's standards, and it will last as long as Nintendo. Hell, someone else would buy it on the offchance Nintendo did close shop/

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Well, technically speaking, Zelda will die when I stab her with the Master Sword. Just kidding. I have a feeling Zelda will never die. A lot of people love it. It's just like The Wizard Of Oz film. This year is it's 75th Anniversary. People still watch and love the film. So I say that about 50 years from now, Zelda will still be around. The only time Zelda will die is when Nintendo creates Zelda games like "The Airplane Of Time", "Link And Zelda Go To The Pool", "The Pink Car", "Link Becomes A Plumber". Man, I wan to play those games. LOL.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I pray to God and hope that Zelda will never die, I've loved the franchise dear to my heart since I was at least 4. I don't ever want Zelda to die :(, but I fear that if for whatever reason Nintendo ends up screwing up with ALBW (which I hope they don't screw it up since the game looks so cool and I'm anticipating it so I wouldn't want that ruined :() by having it after ALttP and they end up screwing up Zelda Wii U(wouldn't want that ruined either since I'm anticipating that too) by having Zelda as the character you play as instead of Link. That would suck if Zelda died because of Nintendo screwing up badly like that. :(

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but not only long-time fans play it. I know this from experience, so if Zelda were to die, this wouldn't be a cause. There are many new fans who play it. People who've never played any of the games before Twilight Princess, but still eagerly await for the next Zelda to be released. And while they wait, they buy merchandise, browse ZD, listen to the music. If Zelda were to die, it certainly wouldn't be on any shortage of fans, because there is no such circumstance at this time.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
On the main site, there was a post that revived my hope for the series. :D

Anouma said "If we don't change, we might die". THEY REALIZE IT!!! They know that their direction is getting a bit stale, and they are going to fix it! Zelda may live to see it's 75th anniversary!

Now, my only concern is what they perceive good change to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom