• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When will we see BotW2 again?

It doesn't feel real that another Zelda is coming so soon (I haven't found all the Koroks in BotW yet), but it is and we're boarding the hype train at the station.

But when will we see BotW2 again?

Nintendo usually has a major event in September to hype holiday and 2020 titles.

Many of us think BotW2 may be further on than we imagined but does that mean we'll see it in the September Direct?

Will it be a bit longer and not be until thr January/February Direct that we see it again?

When do you think we'll see BotW2 again?

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not expecting to see BotW2 until next year's E3 at earliest. It doesn't even have a release year yet, so I'm not expecting it to appear again at a smaller direct. But since it's built off an existing game, I don't think it will skip an E3 like BotW did in 2015.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think there's a bit of chance to see it at this year's Game Awards. Nintendo and geoff are buddy buddies. They choose it for The Champion's Ballad, for example.

I'm thinking we may not get any more on it till next year like in a January/February Direct then later heavily featured at E3. Since they are using BotW assets development should go quickly, could even release Holiday 2020.

I think we'll see more very soon, if they're showing us cutscenes already, then it's probably mostly completed.

Gameplay demo at E3 2020
Release on holiday 2020

I think we could see another teaser at the Game Awards. Maybe some short snippets in a Nintendo Direct or two. I don't expect a full trailer or gameplay reveal to happen until next E3 though.

As for release, I'm guessing that Nintendo is targeting Holiday 2020. However, given their penchant for delays, 2021 is also likely.

I don't think we will hear anything more about the game until the Game Awards later this year. I think we will get a new trailer and gameplay similar to 2014.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
We'll probably see more of BOTW2 closer to christmas at this point, nintendo will want something big for christmas time. The rate SW&SH are going they'll need ot act fast to clear it

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Lately they've been trying to avoid showing us games that are still a year or so away. I'm kind of expecting a mid-to-late 2020 release of the game. With that in mind, seeing more information in a direct toward the end of the year, or the game awards, is pretty likely. I think we might get a showcase for it at next year's E3 with it releasing in the following months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom