• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U When Will Toon Link Come Back?

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
I've seen him appeared in TWW, PH, ST. I haven't seen him over 2 years. When will Toon Link appear again in the Zelda Series?

"Toon Link" appeared in Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, a little bit of Ocarina of Time, and in Super Smash Bros Series.

And Phantom Hourglass is already a sequel to The Wind Waker. So yeah... We've seen a lot of "Toon Link"

I too would like to see somewhat of a split in the franchise.. a console sequel to Windwaker would be cool... as well as continuing the direction they are going with TP and SS.

L

LeatherHam

Hello,hope you don't mind me barging in to make my first post.

I've only ever seen screenshots of WW but it looks great. Other than playing it on the original consoles for which it was released, is there any way I can actually play this game without buying the hardware kit (in the same way that MM and OoT is available for the Wii)? The screenshots really put me in mind of Phantom Hourglass, which I very much enjoyed, and I'd really love to play WW.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Hello,hope you don't mind me barging in to make my first post.

I've only ever seen screenshots of WW but it looks great. Other than playing it on the original consoles for which it was released, is there any way I can actually play this game without buying the hardware kit (in the same way that MM and OoT is available for the Wii)? The screenshots really put me in mind of Phantom Hourglass, which I very much enjoyed, and I'd really love to play WW.

You can get Wind Waker for Wii but it will just show as Gamecube Wind Waker, also you would need a gamecube controller. IDK if that is what you meant by hardware kit.

L

LeatherHam

Thanks for the reply, BakerGuy. Don't mind buying a gamecube control if that's what's required. I got thecontroller for MM and OoT on the wii and am glad I did. I wasn't aware that WW was available on the Wii so I'm chuffed to bits if that's the case. Is it a download in the same way that OoT and MM were?

No it's not a download title. Just buy the original Wind Waker game for the Gamecube. The Wii is backwards compatible so you can play that disc on it. You'll need a Gamecube memory card though.

Am i the only one who hates the Link & Toon Link stereotype?

I mean there are multiple Links and i don't think we should group them together simply because several games had the same art style.

Sorry if i seem a bit uptight but i think each Link should be given credit separately.

Anyway more on topic i thinks it's probable a 3ds game may be in the cell shaded art-style but its also probable that They will go in a complete different direction.

I understand your point Bulbasaur but I do not see the problem with grouping them under the banner of "toon Link" especially PH, ST, and WW.. they are so obviously the same style link... Nintendo even agrees by calling him "Toon Link" in Smash Bros.

I think Toon Link is only for handhelds now. They've started to go with an always-adult Link for the console games, and it's been Toon Link for ever handheld game since Four Swords.

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Toon Link was only seen in The Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures but has been seen in handheld games too much. There should be a sequel from Wind Waker, It might work instead of having too much Toon Link in hand held for a while. Besides, some of the handheld games were horrible such as: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks because It is too hard and impossible to get through harder levels like i did. I only defeated 3 bosses and went on to the 4th but too hard. Never made it. Got frustrated too much, decided to trade it in. Besides, It would be better for Toon Link to be featured in a couple of Console Games. He should make it into Wii U.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
There should be a sequel from Wind Waker, It might work instead of having too much Toon Link in hand held for a while.

In the wonderful world of timelines, Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel, then there are events between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks that set up Spirit Tracks.

Honestly, though, I think that the cel-shaded artstyle seems more suited for the portables since we've seen it work on the GameCube, and it worked just as well on the DS. Skyward Sword uses cel-shading, but that's used in a Twilight Princess art style.

The Cel-shaded style seems to be more a gameplay mode, mainly with the massive overworlds that can only be traveled by vehicle, which seems true for all three cel-shaded games. It seems most appropriate for the DS/3DS since it wouldn't use as much space as the very detailed overworlds of the console versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom