• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U When Will Toon Link Come Back?

D

Deku Link

We don't need cel-shaded graphics to have Toon Link in a game. There could be a Link with graphics like in SSBB Toon Link, that has airbrush effects. That could work great for a whole game.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Personally, I hope never. Toon Link is a symbol of all that most Zelda fans DON'T want in a game, such as the child-oriented plot, the cartoon graphics, the cutesy versions of enemies that don't need to be cutesy, and above all else, the industrialization of Zelda. It went from having a boat to having a steamboat to having a train. A TRAIN!!!!!!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Personally, I hope never. Toon Link is a symbol of all that most Zelda fans DON'T want in a game, such as the child-oriented plot, the cartoon graphics, the cutesy versions of enemies that don't need to be cutesy, and above all else, the industrialization of Zelda. It went from having a boat to having a steamboat to having a train. A TRAIN!!!!!!
I have to agree with you there. I would much prefer zelda to stick with the adult orientated plots of SS and TP. I must admit the Chu's in the Wind waker were adorable though and I just want to give one a squeeze(not the electrified variety though).

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
In the wonderful world of timelines, Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel, then there are events between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks that set up Spirit Tracks.

Honestly, though, I think that the cel-shaded artstyle seems more suited for the portables since we've seen it work on the GameCube, and it worked just as well on the DS. Skyward Sword uses cel-shading, but that's used in a Twilight Princess art style.

The Cel-shaded style seems to be more a gameplay mode, mainly with the massive overworlds that can only be traveled by vehicle, which seems true for all three cel-shaded games. It seems most appropriate for the DS/3DS since it wouldn't use as much space as the very detailed overworlds of the console versions.

I hope I'm not being stupid, I know Phantom Hourglass was a sequel but, I'm saying there should be ANOTHER sequel of Wind Waker on the Wii U. It would be better since the new Consoles are going to the category of Eight Generation Gaming.

W

Well Excuse Me

I think they're weary on releasing a main console title with the cell shaded Link again because of the backlash The Windwaker got at release. Obviously, people have left that aside now and many actually love the cell shaded graphics, but it was a pretty big backlash when the game was first released. Speaking of The Windwaker, I really need to play it or at least watch a playthrough of it. I do have a Gamecube if I could find a copy somewhere relatively cheap.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
To tell you the truth, as much as I liked the art-style in Wind Waker, I say Nintendo shouldn't reuse it too soon. I mean, back at E3 2010 when Skyward Swword was announced, one big relief I had was that Nintendo didn't give us a prettier version of the same thing (namely, Twilight Princess's gritty art-style that everyone seems to refer to as realistic for some reason). They've been trying to mix it up by making each game feel different while still keeping the Zelda feel. In my opinion, they are doing the right thing.

Besides, I think the chibi and cel-shading art-style from Wind Waker still looks pretty good today. If they used it again just to make it look better, I don't think they could do too much. But what could I know, though? I'm not a game programmer.

My main point is: I think they should do it only if they can give it a feel of its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom