• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When was the last time you played on a Nintendo 64

Because i notice emulators or even Wii emulated n64 games or any games are badly shaped textures like text looks too badly pixelated, while if you play it on old systems it will look outwashed but not bad and even have the smooth play controls compared to ported ones which can vary but its usually best to just play games on the system it was originally made for.

Either way you are better off on playing emulated games on PC than on Wii because it looks horrible usually and better on PC, although its illegal so i dont do that. But i can't wait to try Super Mario on Nintendo 64 again, and i haven't tried a Nintendo 64 controller for ages. Was lucky to find it at a decent prize.

I was playing me some Snowboard Kids 2 about a month ago. Real shame my 64 keeps freezing up now.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'd so say about a year ago, I have a bunch of classics. All except Mario Party, Crusin' World, and Banjo Kazooie.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The last time I played on an actual N64 I guess I was around 9.

I sold my N64 and bought the Gamecube to replace it with and haven't used one since.

I played OOT and MM on the GC and didn't notice them being inferior to the N64 versions.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Right before Skyward Sword came out. I did an epic Play-Every-Single-Zelda-Game-in-Order run and of course had to play both OoT and MM. Thankfully, my N64 still runs as smooth as a cup of black coffee in the morning.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Back in September. A buddy of mine kept a Nintendo 64 in his barracks room and invited a couple of us over for some old school Super Smash Brothers fisticuffs. Made me realize how slow the original game is compared to its newer counterparts (still great, but the series definitely improved with each generation).

Bas

Best dude
my N64 and other older consoles are the reason I still own a CRT TV. I speedrun Goldeneye a little bit for fun from time to time. And it's always great when people come over and have a nostalgia boost and want to play the 64 again.

MW7

Yesterday I played through Dodongo's Cavern of Ocarina of Time. I probably haven't gone longer than a couple weeks without playing N64 since I received one for Christmas of 1998. I play different games depending on how much time I have. I play Goldeneye, both Zeldas, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, DK 64, Mario Kart 64, and both Pokemon Stadiums frequently. Lots of N64 games have tons of replay value for me.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Earlier this summer. I picked up a N64 off of Craigslist for 50 bucks and it came with 9 games, with Goldeneye really being the one worth keeping.

I'll be hooking it up and we'll be playing the original Super Smash Bros. for my friend's annual Smashin' New Year party alongside Melee, Brawl and the most current Smash Bros. game for Wii U.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I sold all my N64 games, so it's been a while. I played all of them before selling them. I had a lot of good games; Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, OoT, MM, Mario Party and so much more. Great memories

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A year ago, my cousin still has his N64 from like 1999. and he has my copy of OoT. game is fantastic

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Man, it's been a good while. Probably about 6 years or so? I can't really remember, it was a long time ago. Most of the great games I loved on the N64 I am able to play on other consoles now or emulators, so I don't really need an N64.

Djinn

and Tonic
Been a long time, but I never really played on one much anyway. Just about any game on it that I wanted to play was later ported to the Gamecube or DS so I played those. I really have no nostalgia for the thing in the first place, I had a PSX instead which I still turn on from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom