• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Mother Nature calls you

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Everytime I go to the beach or come near the water I have this strange nostalgic feeling. Or sometimes even melancholy. I've no idea. It has been like this for as long as I remember. When I think about the ocean it feels like I'm floating above it and become one with the waves and clouds. When I walk on the beach or even on the grass near a lake I feel like I'm home. Does any of you feel the same? It doesn't have to be the ocean of course. It could also be something else. My sister feels the same when she's near the forrest. I couldn't find a fitting title for this thread but you know what I mean ......I hope

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
maybe you are a mermaid

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I understand what you mean, I hope. I've always felt a closeness or a pull towards the beauty of nature, particularly forests and mountains, even if I've not really been able to be around or in them as much as I'd like. But what I couldn't experience for myself, I've tried to get from reading books with descriptions of nature or by playing games that have quite a bit of the natural world as a focus in them (BotW, most notably).

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I feel so at home and comfortable whenever I ride on the bike trail in town. It goes through this beautiful forest. Light dapples through the trees and shines on the path, making it so amazing. I don’t even feel tired or exhausted when I bike through the forest, I’m just too taken away with the beauty. It’s hard to describe with words, if you could see it you would understand.

I also always have loved waterfalls. Especially if it’s in a forest. It feels like you just discovered a secret, peaceful place. I just really love forests. <3

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Mother nature's calling is another way of saying needing a poo or a wee so I thought this thread was about that :crylaugh:

Anyway I have felt that feeling on the moorlands, it just feels right being there when you take the sights in you know

I've lived near the coast all of my life but even though the ocean is an everyday sight for me I still feel a good sense of awe and wonder.

I felt the same thing when I went to the Highlands this year, the impressive scale and wonderment of it all really spoke to me.

It isn't something I describe and I don't think everyone can feel it but I'm pretty receptive to the wonders of nature.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Wait, I thought this was a bathroom discussion thread :D, no but seriously I really love nature I especially love being in forested areas, it makes me feel wild inside.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I also thought this would be a bathroom related discussion thread :P

I totally get the feeling you describe though, especially at the beach or somewhere elevated high with a wide view - especially where the temperature is just right. I love being outdoors and can't stand spending an entire day in doors.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I have a similar example, when I was younger [or heck even now], I just find myself wanting to stare at bushes or plants on the ground, whether its b/c they're rustling against the wind or there's bugs there, I just feel the need to just sit down and stare at it, of course I never do so b/c I'd look like a crazy person no matter what, but it's just some weird trance like state I find myself in sometimes when I stare at it, I only glance for a couple seconds then raise my head up so I don't look like a freak just staring at nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom