• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When is too Early?

When is too early?

• 3-4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-6 years

• Under 8 years (Jeez)

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
We don't like totally rushed things, because they end up not being as good as they would be slowed down. Same case with video games.

While none of us would like to wait 10 years for a new Zelda, we wouldn't like to wait 2 years for one either (at least not anymore. Majora's Mask is different because it wasn't on an open world / Breath of The Wild size scale)

When is too early for the next 3d open world Zelda? What things do you think it would be missing if it came out that early?

I don't think 3 years is at all unreasonable for the next game's dev cycle, especially if they reuse a lot of assets. Skyrim was made in 3 years, after all.

Less than two years is too soon but i think at the three year point we should see some sort of proof of a fairly far-in-development production.

If it came out too quickly I dont imagine much would be missing but i do think what we'd have wouldn't measure up to previous entries. The story may suffer more than usual, the dungeon designs may be horribly basic and the new (if any) weapons may not be fleshed out... things like that.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
I don't think 3 years is at all unreasonable for the next game's dev cycle, especially if they reuse a lot of assets. Skyrim was made in 3 years, after all.
And it shows.

It depends on what they are doing but if they are reusing assets im expecting news in 2019 E3.

I don't mind waiting for quality. Rushing only makes for bad games. So if they take 5 years making a new one i'm alright with it. There are other games to play too.

Personally I feel 5 years is just too long. Arlo put it best when he said that if someone enjoys a title in middle school, by the time two more main series games come out that person could be married with kids and a house.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I feel like they should pull a Majora's Mask and reuse what they have and build on it. Either make a prequel that takes place 10,000 years earlier or a sequel that is a few hundred years later or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom