• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Does the Christmas Season Start?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It's that time of the year again where the heated debate arises. How early is too early for Christmas or the holidays? For some, its November 1st, others patiently wait until after Thanksgiving (or should I say, Pre-Christmas ;)). Every year this argument sparks again with no end in sight.

My question to you is, when is it appropriate to listen to our Wintery Queen Mariah Carey and her festive bops? Do you eagerly start after Halloween, or give Thanksgiving a chance to be celebrated?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
November the 5th is guy Fawkes or bonfire night here so after then. Christmas season definitely shouldn't start before Haloween that is so ridiculous when stores do that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
December 1st is when I start getting in the Christmas mood. November is my post-Halloween cooldown month. Thanksgiving is enjoyable for the food. I don’t even think about Christmas until after that’s all done. On the other hand, I start my Halloween planning in June, so.... yeah. I just like the festive mood of Christmas, that’s about it. I like the fall holidays better.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My birthday is December 23rd, so November 1st-December 22nd is birthday preparation time, and December 24th is a nice time to start the Christmas season.

But seriously, I feel like early December is an ok time to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

Usurper King Zant

King of Twilight
It's riddiculous when the stores start putting christmas decorations and get christmas presents in stock in October.

It's even funnier when pubs and restaurants have christmas party bookings staring in July.

I think December should be fine to start with the christmas hype.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
It's riddiculous when the stores start putting christmas decorations and get christmas presents in stock in October.

It's even funnier when pubs and restaurants have christmas party bookings staring in July.

I think December should be fine to start with the christmas hype.
Ive seen some start take bookings in January. I think middle of December start thinking of xmas

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think Christmas season starts after American Thanksgiving (or whatever other widely recognized holiday comes before Christmas in your country). That said, I support listening to Christmas music year round. That's some good stuff.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Over here Christmas season starts directly after Sinterklaas is over (Dec the 5th) but the last couple of years Christmas season seems to start at the third week in Nov. At work it starts this upcoming week. And hell we're going to notice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom