• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Do You Think They'll Stop Making New Pokemon?

When will they stop making new Pokemon species?

• They’ll never stop making new Pokémon species.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They’ll stop at a specific number and reuse old Pokémon in new games.

• They’ll get rid of old Pokémon and start afresh.

• They won’t make any new Pokémon.

• Other

• Total voters

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Okay so as you all know there is a total of 649 different Pokemon species across 5 different regions.
But I was thinking the other day, when will they stop?

I don't mean games so let's assume they keep making them.
Can they just keep making new Pokemon, adding to the 649 we already have?
Or will they get to a certain number and just reuse them in remakes/remasters, new plots or new regions?
Or could they perhaps get to a certain number and start again with all new Pokemon making old Pokemon unusable in those games?

Too many species will make competitive battling extremely complex and it will make it very difficult to catch em all.
I personally think they'll get to a certain number (like 1000) and just reuse old Pokemon in new games with new elements.

What do you think?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I really hope that they wont stop making new pokémon, but that they take a few years in between. Then if you are a true pokémon fan, you probably already have a lot of the pokémon on the older versions and can send them over. Then when you play online, people will almost always use different pokémon which makes it more unique.

Game freak announced a while back that Gen V is the last batch of new Pokémon so there will be no more new Pokémon. The only way you will be able to see new Pokémon is through Fan material :l

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
they'll probably keep making them as long as the franchise is popular. to me, they should have stopped long ago. seeing as the slogan is 'gotta catch 'em all', they are making it pretty damn hard

I would say that they'll make new pokemon until it stops being the money making machine it is right now. What will be...never, I suppose.

As a business, they aren't going to stop doing anything as long as it's making them money. So I guess a better question would be ''When do you think Pokemon will no longer be a profitable franchise?'' I don't see that happening for quite awhile.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
As long as there are Nintendo handhelds, there will be Pokemon games.
Just like how if there are Nintendo consoles, there will be Mario & Zelda games.

Nah... As long as there are consumers to buy the games and money to be made, I don't think they'll ever stop making new Pokemon. Which is simultaneously a good thing and bad thing: more Pokemon means more adaptability for the series and more generations means more games, however as evidenced with some of the new Pokemon, creativity is sort of lacking when it comes to design (*cough*foongus*cough*).

Game freak announced a while back that Gen V is the last batch of new Pokémon so there will be no more new Pokémon. The only way you will be able to see new Pokémon is through Fan material :l

Do you have a source for this?

I agree with the first reply about being able to transfer from Gen to Gen and being able to get them that way. Unless GameFreak screws us over and wont let us like in Gen 2 to 3.

Hopefully they'll stop when they realized they made a pokemon resembling a toilet with the move whirlpool as its speciality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom