• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Do You Think the Realse Date for Skyward Is?

since we just got the trailer, (I sorta get an idea about how far along they are) I would say mid summer to early fall, that way it won't be to close to the release of Oot 3DS, and early fall is just hope that it won't get pushed back to Christmas! (that would be terrible! D:) they are almost done it looks, so maybe a early summer...? (hope!) When do you think it will be released?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I've emailed Nintendo about this they've said sometime between April and November.

I looked at the Email again just to make sure.

Nicole

luke is my wife
:rolleyes:

Well, it was confirmed that Skyward Sword will be released after Ocarina of Time 3DS. OoT 3DS is scheduled for release June 7th, 2011. I believe it was also confirmed that SS would be released after E3 2011, too, which will be taking place over the period of June 7th to 9th. Suffice to say, I imagine SS will not be released (in America) in June, maybe not even July. It would make sense to release the game between August-November, perhaps just in time for the holidays, yet being out long enough that there would be copies available.

I predict anywhere between August and November, but anything can happen. Who knows? July is possible, but so is December.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
My prediction is that it'll be released sometime before the end of the world. Guarunteed or your money back! :D *brick'd*

But seriously, I predict somewhere from a fall '11 to a December release date. It's just an instinct based off the fact that they said they'd say more stuff about SS during E3 this year.

i wold say late summer, but i dont really care they can take their time to make it perfect

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
There are loads of threads like this. Besides, you all remember how delayed games have been in the past and I would much rather wait if it ment the game could be better...my guess is late this year but I could be wrong. Like I said, there are lots of threads like this already. I understand that this has been made after the trailer, so perhaps you should bring this up in the New Trailer Discussion Thread

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I can see them releasing it sometime in November. It's nearing the Holidays. So that would be a smart move.

I'd bet on sometime this summer. If they're as close as they say there are to completion, then I expect to see it in my Wii Game Basket sometime this summer.

By all the statements we've heard, we know thath both games are pretty much complete.
It would be a bad marketing strategy if both games would hit the shelves at the same time.
That's why i think they're polishing SS as much as possible until OOT sales go down.

By all the statements we've heard, we know thath both games are pretty much complete.
It would be a bad marketing strategy if both games would hit the shelves at the same time.
That's why i think they're polishing SS as much as possible until OOT sales go down.

thats why I'm thinking maybe a month after Oot's release, Which would be awesometastic!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have a feeling they are going to hold it back for a late Fall release. There's not much coming down the pipeline for first-party Nintendo releases this year as they had pretty much every franchise release last year, so a holiday title is needed. Plus, more recent Zelda titles seem to be released in this November-ish window, so it's safe to say SS will hold true to this.

I would doubt they would go for an August release (if they do, it would really surprise me) as that's the end of the summer game releases. Some quality titles do release then, but it can almost be seen as a dumping ground for titles that would have been lost in the summer release schedule. November would capitalize on the Christmas release window nicely, and with a very-likely Wii Motion Plus Remote bundle they could sell it as a great all-in-one gift idea.

I think also they will hold August / September for the soft release of the 25th Anniversary Zelda... "item" that we aren't quite sure of what it is. I say this because of the Mario bundle being shipped then. This would mean:

June - OoT 3D
September - 25th Zelda Item
November - SS

It's nicely spaced out so it's more likely fans will less to spend on games won't have to choose between only one of the items.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
Originally i thought it was going to be in May or June. However with them saying that its going to be released after Ocarina of Time 3D, I think that means its going to be more a late summer to early fall release (August-November). Plus to coincide with the article on the web site, Reggie said they are putting more focus on the 3DS when it comes out on March 27th so all the more reason to release Skyward Sword sometime in the Fall.

I don't see August as a problem, Iwata has said that he wants less room between big games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom