• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Do You Take Showers/baths?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I take showers in the evening typically, like right before dinner. Dinner is around 8, so I usually hop in the shower at like 7:40. I usually play squash in the afternoon, so taking a shower in the morning is essentially useless for me, because I get sweaty in the afternoon/evening. But if I didn't do any physical exercise of some sort and I'm feeling especially lazy, I just don't take a shower. It's not really a big deal for me.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Every evening after work. The time varies, but I generally try to shower soon after getting home. It gives my hair adequate time to dry before bedtime. I like not having to get up any earlier to shower in the morning before work.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I shower twice a day.
Once as soon as I get out of bed (helps me feel fresh and awake) and one at night so I'm clean while I sleep. I spend 5-10 minutes in the shower each time.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Am I the only one that takes showers either once a week or I will occasionally take one if I get really filthy, but otherwise only once every week or two...
This is actually what you're supposed to do. Daily bathing will not keep you cleaner. It DOES not get rid of smells. The smells are actually from the chemicals released by your body. Bathing washes these off, but they're right back there within a couple hours or less, depending on the person. That's the primary purpose people use it for. If smell bothers you so much, anti-perspirants work better at getting rid of it.

Bathing too frequently is actually bad for you. It washes away the oils on your skin. And while enough of it build up for a smell to be there, it's not enough for its function. It exists for a reason. It serves a purpose. A big one is protecting your skin. Frequent bathing can reduce your protection from ultraviolet radiation. Which means you'll get worse sunburns, more freckles and other blemishes, and a higher risk for various forms of skin cancer. This is entirely because of the function of these oils on the skin. They also hold in moisture, which means frequent bathing will actually dry out your skin, and add to the problems with the sun just mentioned. As well, it also reduces your protection against chemicals soaking through your skin into your body. Which means any number of problems caused by such chemicals will be worsened by it. This is because these skin oils are made up of atoms not soluble in water. This means that if you mix it in water, it'll stay separated. Most liquids that which could soak into the skin have water as their medium. That's why, before bathing, water beads up on your skin, and it just runs down you after. So any kind of cancers, illnesses, and other diseases that could be caused by being ingested a chemical, can still happen by just being soaked through your skin by bathing too much.

Frequent bathing merely for a natural smell is a reactionary response that has no basis in scientific fact. And it really is unfair say that anyone who doesn't shower daily automatically smells. That's neither polite nor entirely factual. Not everyone "gets smelly" at the same rate. And there are other methods that are less drastic that actually work better. Also, constantly avoiding a scent makes you hypersensitive to it next time you come across it. If people were more accepting of the natural constant odors, instead of scouring their skin daily or covering it up with chemicals, no one would notice it as much. It's really a silly habit that we picked up.

Oh, and I saved this for last. It is WASTEFUL. Water is a precious resource. There's more valuable things we can do with it, such as keeping people alive, instead of this constant battle, which actually harms you more than helps, to fight a harmless odor that we shouldn't even be complaining about. The constant odor is not the same as the heavy perspiration odor after high activity. They come from different sources. The former is what people are always fighting, when it's the latter that actually is what people think about when they talk about bathing.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Sometimes I take showers at night before I go to bed, if there's school the next day. I don't want to take a shower before going to school, otherwise it feels rushed. I'm one of those people who take a 30 minute shower to relax, not to quickly wash everything off. If I needed to clean myself that quick, I would of took a rag bath. Plus, its easier to go to sleep clean than filthy.

Now, if there wasn't school in the morning, like on a random Saturday like this one, I'd probably shower in the morning around 7 or 8am. I'm also a morning person, so I'd like doing everything in the morning rather than the evening. If it was summer time, or when school is over for me, I'd definitely take a longer 45 minute shower every few days instead of 2 small ones everyday. Ironically, I think taking 2 showers a day is a waste of time. I mean, you're already clean for the day, right?

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't have a bathtub in my place, so I very rarely get a chance to take baths. I shower every other day on average, more often when I feel I need it. I never shower in the mornings because I am not a morning person so I have a hard time getting out of bed in time, but when I have early shifts I make sure to have showered the day before.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I take showers whenever I go somewhere or at night.. I just like being clean in my bed and when I'm going somewhere it's part of my "beauty" routine lol. i just feel pretty whenever i get out of the shower lol!

Always in the morning,s on weekdays. When I have time(which is almost always), I'll shower to wake myself up and then get ready for school. But only Monday through Friday. If my parents make me, I'll shower on Saturday and Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom