• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When did Ganon get the triforce again?

This is a question that will help (sorta) with a Timeline Theory which I am thinking up. Ganondorf first gets the Triforce in OoT, but it splits, and he is only given the Triforce of Power. Then, sometime later, he loses this piece of the Triforce according to the ending of Twilight Princess. However, A Link to the Past shows Ganon with control of the complete Triforce. My question simply is: How did this come to be? How was Ganon able to get the Triforce a second time, AND how come it did not split again.

C

cpunerd96

When does it say that Ganon lost the Triforce at the end of TP?

I'm not sure. Though I believe all the Zelda games, especially those before OoT, are kind of intended as stand-alone stories, at least partially. So I wouldn't necessarily expect them to link up perfectly.

C

cpunerd96

in the storyline OoT came first then The Legend of Zelda then Zelda II and finally A Link to the Past
After that I'm not sure.

Well I think it's generally the idea that Ganon lost the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess, because really you can see that it left him, or at least his hand after Link stabbed him, which allowed for Zant (or whatever the hell you think "killed" him) to "kill" him. I think it's that way because of the scene on top of Arbitors Grounds where the Sages tried to send to him the Twilight Realm, but failed because the Triforce of Power appeared on his hand and he was able to save himself. Then we go later to where Link stabs him, and he's finally able to kill him due to the Triforce leaving him and not saving his life.

D:

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well I think it's generally the idea that Ganon lost the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess, because really you can see that it left him, or at least his hand after Link stabbed him, which allowed for Zant (or whatever the hell you think "killed" him) to "kill" him. I think it's that way because of the scene on top of Arbitors Grounds where the Sages tried to send to him the Twilight Realm, but failed because the Triforce of Power appeared on his hand and he was able to save himself. Then we go later to where Link stabs him, and he's finally able to kill him due to the Triforce leaving him and not saving his life.

D:

Well, I am not quite sure he died, it seemed like it though. Because even after being stabbed, he still got up and stood there for a while with the sword through his chest. Although the ghost-like guy tried to kill him, if Ganondorf was still standing, he must be alive.

Now, how he got the whole triforce, I have no clue, I don't know the timelines very well. Sorry.

He does loose the Triforce again because it leaves his hand and if he still had it he would of lived and therefore Zant would have lived, The only reason Zant lives is because Ganondorf is supporting him, When Ganondorf dies Zant dies. Anyway back on the topic.

I think that there is meant to be a 100 year gap between when OoT was set and when TP was set so that is a long time for Ganondorf to be able to get his hands back on the triforce

So basically it has never been mentioned how he obtained the entire triforce, right? I was just asking because like I said, I'm trying to construct a timeline and those things weren't adding up. But I suppose I could go by speculation that he just somehow got it. It would be nice for that to possibly be the next Zelda, and tell how Ganon was able to obtain the entire Triforce instead of a part of it.

To me, OoT and ALttP have conflicting stories when it comes to Ganon obtaining the Triforce. In OoT, as stated before, he only obtains one part. However, he should still have been able to make his wish once he laid his hand upon it. And of course, he wished to rule the world. Then we see the same thing happening in ALttP, but Ganon is takes the whole Triforce, which is weird. Plus, they stick him in the Sacred Realm and let him take that over instead of Hyrule because obviously he wasn't too clear on which "world" he wanted to become ruler of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom