• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Are You Making the Switch?

When are You Making the Switch?

• Day 1 Baby! BotW FTW!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Launch Month through Spring. Gotta get those Sexy Arms.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Sometime Through Summer. Let's ink it up

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fall 2017. Gotta get Skyrim on the Go Man!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holiday 2017. Mario Odyssey and Black Friday sales will demolish my body!

• 2018 and on... Let's wait and see how it does, and what titles come out....

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I'm Not Making the Switch

• Total voters

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So. When are you making the Switch?

I will probably either get it in April, or in Summer.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I imagine the price will stay at $399 for the first year or so so I figure I may as well get it on launch. Only way I'd save money is buying it off kijiji (our version of craigslist) which really I don't think saving $100 ages from now is worth getting a lower quality botw. But people in the SB are making me waver on my decision.

Day one.

Thank god for BoTW because, at least for now, that launch line up is terrible and the rest of the year isnt great either.

I kind of think Fire Emblem Warriors will be launch too... which i'll get.

Nintendo need to drop bombs over the next few weeks and months and need to bring it at e3.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Holiday 2017 at the very earliest. But the more I think about it, the more I realize the only game for it right now that I really don't want to miss is Zelda. Sure, I'd enjoy Mario but I've played enough to know what I'm getting. It may take awhile to convince me but it could be well over a year when (or if) they build up a decent library of games. Until then I'll enjoy Zelda on my Wii U. I donèt see the point in paying $500 Canadian for a slightly better version of Zelda.

If you're going to get it so soon why not just get it at launch and get BOTW for it?
This is where I'm at. I don't understand the point of waiting till summer if it will be the same price.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Probably November/December of this year when the console will (hopefully) have some goddamn games that I am actually interested in. A port of Mario Kart 8 and a Splatoon sequel just aint enough for my moneys, and I'm just gonna play the Wii U version of BotW anyways.

I wasn't going to buy it... I still don't really want to buy it... but I've waited for Breath of the Wild for five years, and if I have to pay $400 just to play tiat its best... Firstly, **** nintendo... Secondly, I absolutely will do that.

Call me a sucker. Go ahead, do it.

I want it day one and managed to successfully get a preorder through with Best Buy a few hours after the presentation (we'll see how long that holds up).

I've honestly been saving cash since we got the Switch reveal, and thanks to Christmas money, I've got enough for the system. I want the game that will hopefully reignite my passion for Zelda to be the best it can be, and that trailer we just got convinced me that the series is finally moving forward in a good way.

Zelda is enough of a reason for me to buy day one, but it's also the fact that Nintendo loves its artificial scarcity. If they can't keep up with plastic toys and a glorified emulator, I doubt they'll keep up with a $300 system. In the event that we do get more launch games that interest me, I don't want to be caught being unable to get my hands on a Switch.

Plus I'm going to get one anyway. I'm still a Nintendo fan, and since I already have the money, I don't see an incredibly compelling reason to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom