• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild When and where did you defeat and/ or encounter your first Lynel?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I am toying with the idea of battling a lynel for the first time. I've beaten 3 Blights but haven't battled a lynel yet. I avoided the one I saw during collecting lightning arrow for Vah Ruta.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The first lynel I encountered was the one at the foot of Mt Lanayru. I was pretty fresh off the Plateau still and I couldn't kill it. Ran out of weapons during the fight. I did try pretty hard though, but I decided I had to bail. I don't remember which one was my first victory.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The first (and only) lynel I've fought is the one on Mt Ploymous, the one in the zora quest. I figured I should at least fight one, and that that one would be the easiest. I managed to defeat it (courtesy of all the heart-rich food in my inventory) and got some pretty cool weapons that haven't broken yet.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first encounter was while getting shock arrows on mt Ploymous and the first defeat was in Hyrule Castle. I used an ancient arrow without knowing I did so lynel was gone in a sec

My first lynel encounter was in the Coliseum Ruins, but I don't really count it because I didn't understand what ancient arrows did at the time and I equipped to deal "devastating damage," not realizing it was a one-shot item. I encountered my second lynel in Faron later the same day and fought that one eagerly, and that's what I consider my first victory against a lynel. Might've eaten most of my apples but I got him first try, so that's all that matters.

The Faron lynel is actually my favorite one to fight even now. Like the layout and scenery of the arena, and I prefer the spear lynels in general as well.

First Lynel I encountered was in the Coliseum Ruins.
First Lynel I killed was purely accidental as I dropped into an ‘outside’ room in the castle and all exits shut and there was a Lynel, managed to kill it even tho I didn’t know what I was doing.
First Lynel I actually went after was the Mt Ploymous one.
They still scare the sh…t out of me tho.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The one you're pushed to encounter while collecting lightning arrows before Vah Ruto. The game encouraged me to sneak around, collect the arrows, and leave, but I decided to put the thing down. It was a long fight without proper equipment, but I did it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My first encounter, like most, was the Mt. Ploymous Lynel while collecting Shock Arrows. I didn't fight it though. To be honest I avoided Lynels for a really long time in my first playthrough. If my memory serves right the first one I fought was in the Taobob Grassland while I was trying to find the Gerudo Stallion, and by then I had conpleted all the Divine Beasts and most of the shrines in the game.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
In the northwest while I was o my way to the maze island over there. I ran from him the first time, killed him on the return trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom