• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Preferred Pickle?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Pickles come in different shapes and tastes. What do you use them for and is there a specific kind you prefer?

This is a very topical thread for me because there seems to be a shortage on the specific pickles I like. I will only eat kosher dill pickles. That's it. The stores around me have those bread and butter pickles and those taste vile and disgusting. There are lots of other brands, but I never like those, either. I only seem to like Claussen kosher dill pickles, specifically. The only thing I use pickles for is burgers. I don't really like to eat them plain. I should also mention that I don't seem to like any other kinds of pickled veggies, either.

How about you guys? You as picky as me, or are your pickle preferences broader than mine?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've only ever enjoyed the sweet gherkins you can buy most stores I've seen, when I'm eating them straight from the jar. I'm not terribly fond of other types, unless they're fried. Fried pickles are great with either a sweet or sour flavor, IMO.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I like pickles best when they're fried, and sliced Vlastic pickles fry the best. I make 'em with my mom pretty often. I love pickles plain too, my favorite kind being the big ones that are for sale at baseball games and the like.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I am really partial to Cornichons, They are French in origin, although nowadays they can be made elsewhere, They taste fairly strong and pair well with a strong mustard (Preferably Dijon), but they are insanely delicious with ham and cheeses like Emmentaler, and Guyère.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I like the flavor of Claussen pickles more than the typical hamburger dill pickles. But I'll definitely eat both. It's just that less sour and more salty is my main preference. Love fried pickles or pickles with cheese.

Pickled onions are okay too. Same with jalapenos and other peppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom