• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Preference; 2D Mario or 3D Mario?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Generally, I like 3D Mario games more. My favorite 3D Mario games are the Paper Mario games and the Super Mario Galaxy games, and there are 5 games in total there. In terms of 2D games, I like Super Mario Bros. 3 and (even more) Super Mario World, but there are only 2 games in total there. So overall, I would say I like 3D Mario games more.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I like 3D Mario most of the time because it gives Nintendo more room to work with. They can add a whole bunch of extra features that you can't have in 2D. Imagine making Super Mario 64 in 2D. That would be really weird.

Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario game. I never did play the second one, although I plan on getting it soon. Super Mario Galaxy was so spectacular and different from any other game I had played at the time. It maxed out the Wii's graphics potential...I'd be happy if they just re-made it for Wii U in HD (same with OoT). The characters were insane, and the 3D was a totally new concept to me (I had never before played Sunshine or SM64.), it was just so magical. Flying through space killing goombas...I miss the old days.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
definitely 3D mario games, I get bored of the side scrolling ones, but I loves Super Mario Galaxy and I am currently loving Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64 DS

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I have never ever been interested in Mario before the 3D. Sure , I played it here and there, but never owned a copy of my own. I was given Super Mario 3D Land as a gift for Christmas. Even though its not my favorite game, I do find it pretty fun to play in 3D. It just feels like theres a lot more to it now. 3D ftw :D

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I fail so much at 2d Mario the only 2d Mario game I've beaten is Super Mario bros 2. So I prefer the 3d Mario a lot more.

Big Octo

=^)
Though I like a good handful of 3D Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, not so much Galaxy 2), I have to hand it to the 2D games. Classic sidescrolling platforming, with the classic power-ups and score systems that aren't just based on coin amounts. Can't get enough of it.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Gonna have to go with 3d. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2d games (although I haven't beaten Super Mario Bros 1.) I guess it comes down to charm. Everything before NSMB was very charming and whimsical in it's own way. ESPECIALLY Super Mario World. But since NSMB it's been the same thing over and over. If they made something more original, I might change my mind. Until then, YOU ARE ALL SUPER PLAYERS.

[video=youtube;_34_2YNteGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34_2YNteGE[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom