• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Opinion on Upgrades?

The bow was upgradable. But I would have liked an upgrade where your stamina bar increases allowing you to be able to run longer.

Oooooh. I had never thought of upgrading the Stamina bar. Awesome thought.

More upgrade options would have been better. But what they had was very well done.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I love it. It provides a sense of reward for going out and collecting things and what not, and is a major upgrade (no pun intended) from the treasure systems in the DS titles. More could have been done with it, but, as with many things in SS, I don't really mind. I'm glad that they put it in there so they could get feedback on it and improve it in the future. I'd rather have a little bit of something that can grow later on than too much of something that winds up being over the developers' heads.

The bow was upgradable. But I would have liked an upgrade where your stamina bar increases allowing you to be able to run longer.

Actually, the Stamina Gauge was slowly upgraded by getting more Heart Containers.

Last edited:
I loved the upgrading system except in my first few playthroughs it was annoying to find out I was say a Tumbleweed short of the final upgrade for the bow (which would be the Sacred Bow) and would have to make one journey to Lanayru Desert just to get one Tumbleweed. So now I try to get as many as I can as and when the story tells me to go there. (I think of all the upgrades it's this upgrade that asks for the most of a particular treasure: it needs five Tumbleweeds.)

But my favourite upgrade is the Scattershot; you don't have to aim perfectly as you do before the upgrade when you could fire only one seed.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I thought the upgrades were awesome. I made the game perfect because even if I wasn't doing anything, I could still look for stuff that I needed to upgrade my equipment.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I loved it! I think they should include that in the next Zelda game. Along with the stamina meter. Gondo is pretty cool too

i missed the great fairy's , it looked like skyloft was this super advanced civilization with hardly any magic.
maybe technology went back in time as soon as people lived under clouds again.

I loved it, especially seeing as SS was only the first game to include it. Yes, improvements could have been made, but I still enjoyed it.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I like the upgrading system in terms of a new sword, shield or slingshot to bow. I really don't care for upgrading dungeon items, like Skyward Sword had. My favorite though was the Magical Boomerang in A Link to the Past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom