• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Opinion on Upgrades?

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I absolutely loved the Upgrading system in Skyward Sword. I don't think it does need improving because you had to collect the material and you had someone to make it for you. :)

i hated upgrading by catching stupid bugs and random items, i loved upgrading in OoT where u had to finish a minigame to upgrade completely (the bow)

Upgrading in a Zelda game is a necessity. To be honest, I don't think the upgrade system can be.... upgraded! It is already perfect.

I really liked it, and want to see it implemented in more Zelda games. However it was kinda lame that none of the upgrades were manditory

I liked it and thought it was a clever idea. I was skeptical at the beggining because it could be used badly and force you grinding, but it actually was very well balanced. I really liked the idea of upgrading potions, that was a very interesting and clever idea! I do miss earning certain upgrades through minigames, just like you earned the quiver and bomb upgrades. It made you feel happy each time you manage to get one of those upgrades through sidequests or minigames. I did missed that feeling here. I do believe they can elaborare upon it in future games, although I hope they don't make it tedious or force you to grind. One thing I didn't like however, was to get the textbox message explaining you the treasure or bug you collected. The game says it only once, but when you reser the game it resets this feature. It can be annoying at times. Other than that, I actually like to upgrade my items. And it is interesting to denote that its entirely optional, so its more of a very good extra.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I disn't use upgrades in SS, the closest thing I got to an upgrade was the Hilian Shield. Having the option is nice though, if you don't want to use it then leave it.

L

Ldude

I liked the upgrading system. I just hope they do more to make it better in the Wii U. Zelda.

I personally loved the upgrade system. I think for improvements the upgrades could have added more unique characteristics rather than just be stronger or faster. My personal favorite is the Goddess Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom