• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Opinion on Upgrades?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The upgrade system CONCEPT is good, I don't like upgrading in this game though. I think they could've made the system better by, I dunno, including more useful upgrades than "INCREASED DEFENSE" or "INCREASED DAMAGE". What about fire rate, elemental abilities, skills [y'know, a Lethality skill a la FE where you can do a hit that automatically defeats an enemy] and so on? Why can't we put non-story related upgrades to the sword? How come the Shield upgrades are so static (you can Shield Bash with any shield successively and get by just fine)?

A

AverageJez

I loved the upgrade system, albeit there was a single item that I couldn't find, which was the bird's feather that wasn't blue. :( I felt kinda stupid after I found out it was a bird's feather, and had to look up how to get it. I kinda figured that was how, but could never get close enough to catch a bird, and ironically, you have to have that bird's feather for a larger net.

I hope they keep the upgrade system and add some twists into it, like throwing a potion in the mix to upgrade your shield, so you have to collect not only one set of items, but another set.(ie: bugs for the potion, potion + items for the item)

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I think it's a really cool way to change up the different play styles of people. It allowed for people to customize their equipment, which then in turn allowed for different "games" being played by everyone. I think this could be expanded in the next game to include armor or different swords or something that would increase either defense or damage.

It was a great idea, motivated me to go hunt for items. Although, they could've done a lot more with it.

I really liked the system. It just gave you more to do and enjoy in the game. Plus it made me feel like I really earned those items, rather than just finding them....almost makes you get an emotional attachment to them...uh oh, I think my Link may be on his way to being a horder now...maaaybee not so much a good thing:P
Anyways, I liked the goddess sheild and and beetle best for just all around. But the slingshot's new colors made it just look so cool.

i didn't bother to mess with it. to get to places was too tedious for me. they need warping points or something!

The upgrade system was unique for a Zelda game in the fact that there was materials needed to gather (other than the biggoron sword). I liked the upgrade system and there is probably more that could be done, but I think I might just wait and see what happens. My favorite upgrade was the speed beetle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom