• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Nationality!?

Ganondork

goo
I was born in India. As with most Indians, I'm purely Indian, but I guess you can argue that I'm actually 75% Indian, and 25% Pakistani. When India and Pakistan were still one, United India, my grandmother from my father's side was born in the now Pakistan part of United India. After the Partition, when the countries split, my grandmother moved to present day India. Yeah. That's it. When I was 4, I moved to Canada with my family, and there's where I am now.

You guys are so much more interesting :kawaii:

I disagree. You were born in the culture, and experienced it at a young age. Your family is comprised of first generation Canadians, and most likely still practice some traditions, yes? I find that so much more interesting than most of our answers. Half of us are American-born, third or fourth generation with no real sense of our culture from the homeland. I didn't understand my Italian background until about six months ago, when I started taking an active interest in it. Until then, the only Italian tradition I was exposed to was the Feast of Seven Fishes, though I'm the only one in the family that knows the name of it.

Indian/Pakistani culture is honestly really cool. I don't know as much as I'd like to, but I think it's really interesting that you actually come from India.

Don't sell yourself so short! We're just a pack of European mutts around here. You were actually born in your homeland.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
99.99% Norwegian, there may be a drop or two of something else in there (like a great-great-great-etc grandmother being Sami), but mainly my ancestry registers as Norwegian, and it's where I was born, raised and will most probably always live.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I come from pure European ancestry, I'm German,Irish, and Scottish. But I'm a Murican

I'm a ginger so you can tell I'm Irish and Scottish

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
My ancestry would be about 50% German, 25% Irish, and the rest is Swedish and some other stuff. But yeah, I was born in and have lived in the US all my life.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm an American.
Yet, I find patriotism a waste of time. We really shouldn't take pride in where we were born. It's not like we actively chose to be born there.
Not just that, but the main issue I have with patriotism is that it kind of makes it seem- self righteousness-ey... and I don't like that.
ALL cultures should be respected and you should be proud for DIVERSITY. Diversity is what allows someone to be themselves.
And, by the way, inequality, and violating human rights, is NOT a part of culture, I don't care what anybody says- it's just- NOT. I can not stand those who tolerate and or support inequality. (I bring this up because I've had discussions like this in the past about certain things in the middle east, and people trying to say that the gender roles and inequality against women is 'part of the culture' and I STRONGLY disagree) - you can keep culture WITHOUT violating human rights.

But enough of my rambling, that's not what this thread is about. xD

I'm a bonafied, pedigreed American Mutt. Philippino on my mom's side and German/Scottish/Irish on my dad's. I don't know much about my Philippino culture honestly, looks like Spanish Catholicism stamped it out? though they've got some weird myths. I only know a few words in Tagalog.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm Australian and my family (for at least the past three generations - both parents and all grandparents) have been born here in Australia. I actually don't know very much about my ancestry prior to these generations though, so I can't be sure exactly where my ancestors are from. I fairly sure that I am descended from Caucasian Europeans, and for all I know an ancestor of mine could have been sent here as a convict.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm Australian and my family (for at least the past three generations - both parents and all grandparents) have been born here in Australia. I actually don't know very much about my ancestry prior to these generations though, so I can't be sure exactly where my ancestors are from. I fairly sure that I am descended from Caucasian Europeans, and for all I know an ancestor of mine could have been sent here as a convict.

All said applies to me. I've heard I have British, Irish and Scottish origins, but this would be going back at least four, possibly five, generations. I tend to disregard it and just go with 'STRALIA, MATE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom