• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your motto?

Which wise words do you live your life by?

Up until recently i was a fan of 'time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted' (a very dangerous motto). But now I'm quite fond of 'Not letting things i can't change bother me.' (which is much healthier).

But how about the rest of you, what are your mottos?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Mine was and always will be Niet geschoten is altijd mis. Which means something like Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You'll always have to try. Don't say no when you haven't tried it. And I don't mean drugs or something :P

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
#thuglife

My actual motto that I use fairly often is "Calm." Reminds me that things (typically social situations) aren't as frightening as I make them out to be.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
My motto would be 'Keep it strong'.

It started off as just something different to say to people when I finished a conversation on instant messengers, but the more I used it the more natural it felt to me. Those words actually helped me through some tough times, believe it or not. Sometimes, when I was at my lowest, I would think, 'keep it strong', and I'd find strength. Not a lot of strength, but enough to make it through the day, then the week, then the month. The words are a reminder that you're only beaten when you decide you're beaten. As long as you keep it strong (whatever 'it' happens to be at that particular time), you'll be OK.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Allah Akbah, Wa Lellah Al Hamd

Liking this based on being able to know what it means without Google.

I personally have a few mottos. I'm not really a motto-y person but here are a few things I try to live by

1. The principles of the Serenity Prayer. You don't have to be religious, it's just a healthy attitude to have: accept the things I can't change, change the things I can, and have the wisdom to know the difference. It's important to know when something is out of your control and therefore not worth wasting your time being upset or stressed over it.

2. "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" - an Oscar Wilde quote which is both witty as you'd expect and gives you a pretty handy tactic to deal with adversity. Not that it's easy to do, but it's definitely something to keep in mind. They say revenge is best served cold but maybe the greatest revenge is no revenge at all.

There are a few more, but nothing that fits catchily into one line.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
In addition to Beauts', I also live by the Golden Rule. "Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Another personal motto is "calm and careful".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom