• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What's Your Least Favourite Boss?

Least Favourite Boss Battle?

• Ghirahim I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scaldera

• Moldarach

• Imprisoned I

• Triple Stalfos

• Koloktos

• Tentalus

• Ghirahim II

• Imprisoned II

• Levias/Bilocyte

• Imprisoned III

• Ghirahim III

• Demise

• Total voters

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Title says it. We have threads about favourite and least favourite dungeons as well as favourite bosses so that leaves the least favourite bosses (sorry if one already exists, didn't feel like going back more than 3 pages).

For me it's definitely Imprisoned III, first of all you've already fought two very similar battles before (the second one not long ago) so it gets a little boring. Plus I HATE that cheap electricity field that comes when he stomps on the ground! I suck at timing generally, so I was knocked back dozens of times because I couldn't always find that perfect time window to start running, late enough that the electricity won't hit you but at the same time early enough so that he doesn't start with his next step, and he's very fast in that battle! Plus I got hit quite a few times by the tail while at it. The only thing that helped a bit were fully loaded arrows from the twice upgraded bow, but you had to stand back to not get hit by the tail so the arrows wouldn't always hit.
Yeah there was Groose to help you out but the stun didn't last that long and he took some time to recharge his cannon.
That battle annoyed me far more than falling down against Moldorm in aLttP!

Another one I didn't like that much was the first part of the Levias battle, I didn't like how you couldn't change directions mid-dash and how the movement pattern of the eyes was totally unpredictable, so there was a huge "random" factor in it.

Other than these two I had no trouble with any of the others.

EDIT: Of course you can choose for yourself what you're basing "least favourite" on, be it too easy/hard, too boring, too short, too annoying etc., it's up to you!
I picked the last Imprisoned fight because it wasn't challenging in a fun way like Ganon in aLttP or even Gyorg from MM but because I found it just plain boring.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorites and least favorites of Skyward Sword aren't determined by how "hard" they are because frankly SS had the easiest bosses of the 3D series aside from Twilight Princess.

I'll pick on Demise. For one, he's just a terrible boss in general. "lol, i sucked out Hylia so now i is teh powerfulz, scoffity scoff scoff". He takes nothing into consideration. He's ridiculous, and I hope Nintendo never does a boss like him again. I could care less about his stupid hatred, because he is as blind as Ganondorf was. You'd think after 25 years that Nintendo could make a final boss that...I dunno, actually does something? I mean real plot twists, like Link dying or something. Zelda got her spirit separated from her body in Spirit Tracks, but as we all know the final boss gets blown to smithereens because he was "imperfect" or whatever the story was. Demise is the same way, sure he's powerful but who cares if he is going to get demolished by a weakling like Link? -.-

On to the battle. First off, Demise is easier than Ganon (OoT). Insanely loopable to the point where you don't even have to try, the battle was just dumb and filler. We could've just sealed him as Imprisoned III rather than go through a 40 second battle with the SAME EXACT ENDING as Twilight Princess. Really, slash three times (left up left), get two hits in, backflip, repeat process til phase two. At phase two, Skyward Strike his *** then unload, Fatal Blow and you're done. Nintendo can do better than Demise. WAY better.

I really did not like Moldarach, far too easy. And he annoyingly hides himself in the sand and you have to go look for him :dry:
Overall: stupid, no action, coward
And its closely followed by Scaldera...

And did you really not like Demise? I thought he was a great boss and definetly not easier than Ganon

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really didn't like him. Maybe it's because I see that SS is just TPv2.0 but whatever. Demise was too easy, and just a way for Nintendo to give a lazy copy and paste of TP Ganondorf. :/

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Tentalus. It was just too much of a throwback to WW and TP's style of bosses. Hit weak point, stun boss, hack and slash, repeat. Sure, it had a bit of diversity to it, but it was still just too generic for what Skyward Sword had been doing with the bosses. Even Scaldera didn't feel as generic as Tentalus to me. But, meh, what do I know?
I'm just a little kid. :right:

I was a bit disappointed with Demise, though he's better than TP's Ganondorf in my opinion. I'm not a fan of this trend lately in which final bosses are fought in their human forms after they've been beaten in their "monster" form. This has been the case since TWW's Ganondorf, save Malladus, and I'd like to see more final forms of final bosses like OoT's Ganon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly can't tell if you're being serious with this.
Even at the tender age of seven when I was picking my nose and eating it I could pick up a controller and finish off OoT Ganondorf without losing a heart (apart from during the attack where you have to spin to send his magic back at him. I was too stubborn to simply dodge back then :P ). Demise was... easy admittedly. But I found him much harder that most other final bosses I've fought. As well as that, the battle in general just felt epic with all the lightning bolts going off and what not.

But...
No. Sorry. He wasn't just a copy paste job.
Epic :/: Good boss, but good is in the eyes of the beholder mostly so I leave you to your opinion, no sense in trolling right?
You never had to do a spin attack to reflect those lightning balls back at Ganondorf, it just sped up how fast they went. I used to think that doing a spin attack would be a guaranteed hit, but I suffered some deaths whilst playing OoT with a keyboard (StickyKeys :/)
Demise though, I'm being honest when I say I found him to be as easy as Ganon (not dorf) from OoT. All it is is senseless looping, something that anyone can do. If rolling between the legs isn't hard, slashing in three directions definitely isn't either. If you want to go even faster with that joke of a final boss, you can do the slightly harder (note, difficulty rises because of timing issues, not because Demise is unpredictable) shield bash method, which can be found here. Demise is a joke, OoT's Ganon is a joke, TP's Ganondorf was a joke...I'm waiting for Nintendo to release a ruthless final boss who will actually be able to HARM LINK.

Not just a CP, but on the verge. They copied the whole scenario damn near, changed the textures but kept the general framework. The entire Ghirahim-Demise tutelage thing is exactly the same as Zant-Ganondorf. The ending was the same in SS as it was in TP. It was a meh job in my opinion.

Demise though, I'm being honest when I say I found him to be as easy as Ganon (not dorf) from OoT. All it is is senseless looping, something that anyone can do. If rolling between the legs isn't hard, slashing in three directions definitely isn't either. If you want to go even faster with that joke of a final boss, you can do the slightly harder (note, difficulty rises because of timing issues, not because Demise is unpredictable) shield bash method, which can be found here. Demise is a joke, OoT's Ganon is a joke, TP's Ganondorf was a joke...I'm waiting for Nintendo to release a ruthless final boss who will actually be able to HARM LINK.

Not just a CP, but on the verge. They copied the whole scenario damn near, changed the textures but kept the general framework. The entire Ghirahim-Demise tutelage thing is exactly the same as Zant-Ganondorf. The ending was the same in SS as it was in TP. It was a meh job in my opinion.

Cannot comprehend this post, not sure if serious. Demise takes skill and timing to defeat, and if you don't have either of those tactics, you're going to lose a good amount of hearts. And that statement about SS's ending being the same as TP's? Probably the most incorrect, uneducated, incredibly moronic statement I've heard about the game in a while. Similar =/= Same

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skill? What skill is there to be had in slashing in two different directions for a total of three slashes, backflipping and repeating the process? Timing? The only reason ANYONE would need timing is if they have no coordination whatsoever; Demise is the slowest boss I've seen in a while.

I didn't make it clear, but when I said ending I meant ending to the boss battle, not ending to the game.

You must've heard some pretty educated statements then. Again, this isn't GameFAQs buddy.

On topic: I really thought Scervo was a joke. He was just far too easy. Sure, one could argue his status as a boss to begin with, but...whatever. Too easy. Also... There was Moldarach. While I liked the battle itself, as I thought it was cool having to actually search for the boss. To me, it seemed kinda realistic, as all enemies you encounter should not be right there in your face all the time. It is awesome and unexpected when they resort to such tactics as hiding. That aside... Sadly, that battle was too easy as well; I did not lose a single heart.

I really didn't like him. Maybe it's because I see that SS is just TPv2.0 but whatever. Demise was too easy, and just a way for Nintendo to give a lazy copy and paste of TP Ganondorf. :/

Hmm... I see. You are one of those fans who set their expectations FAR TOO HIGH before a game is released. In the end, you were left disappointed. From my perspective, the series seems to have been following a downward trend for you. From that point of view, I honestly do not see things getting any better. I am not trying to be mean, but perhaps you should "take a break" from Zelda or quit altogether (as you suggested in your blog entry).

Last edited by a moderator:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Imprisoned 1. Skyward Sword had so many great bosses that its hard to pick but if I had to pick I would have to pick the Imprisoned 1. Cutting off it's toes felt kind of silly and it was easy and a little boring. It was still fun but just if I had to pick it would be in my bottom.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Imprisoned II for me. The third fight was a lot easier in my opinion, the second fight was the only fight where I got a game over (cause he reached the top) besides Demise. But my 2nd time playing Demise the whole fight took me less than 4 minutes, very easy fight.

Skill? What skill is there to be had in slashing in two different directions for a total of three slashes, backflipping and repeating the process? Timing? The only reason ANYONE would need timing is if they have no coordination whatsoever; Demise is the slowest boss I've seen in a while.

I didn't make it clear, but when I said ending I meant ending to the boss battle, not ending to the game.

You must've heard some pretty educated statements then. Again, this isn't GameFAQs buddy.

Really? Then you must have been pretty damn good at the game because I've seen many people become frustrated with the Demise fight. Also, even if you meant the final bosses, they're not very similar.

TP - Puppet Zelda -> Ganon Beast -> Horseback -> Ganondorf

SS - Enemy Mob -> Ghirahim -> Demise

The only similarity I see is that Demise and Ganondorf are both sword fights, that said, the fights play out differently. The only similarity between the fights is that they're both finished with an ending blow attack, but Demise actually dodges the ending blow a few times. Oh, and I never pretended that this was GameFAQ's, I have no idea how my post reflected that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@surferguy7
I'm not even that good at Zelda games, but I can see AI flaws like a hungry animal sees food.
They're both sword fights, they're both jokes, that's essentially what I meant. Demise will only dodge if you haven't dealt sufficient damage to him. It's basically the same as letting TP Ganondorf get back up, you then do one last round and then ending blow him. Easy as pie. The only reason why players have trouble with Demise is because they let how huge he is intimidate him.

@Wolf Sage
I think I do need to take a break from Zelda, though not necessarily quite the series altogether. I guess I just have a lot of free time in which I spend searching for easier ways out...I dunno. I just hope Nintendo gets better with their bosses, because they're not showing that quality of greatness that they used to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom