• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Least Favorite Word?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hate the word 'hideous' because it is what it says on the tin. It's just ew and I never use it.

There are probably more but that's the one that sticks out in my mind.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's kinda awkward, but "panties." I never use that word at all. I say underwear instead.

Same here. I don't even know why there's a distinction. Why call it panties when it's effectively underwear? For that matter I hate when people say "briefs". :/

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Same here. I don't even know why there's a distinction. Why call it panties when it's effectively underwear? For that matter I hate when people say "briefs". :/

Well, they're both 'underwear', just different types. Briefs are just a type of underwear, and panties usually just means a type of underwear for women in particular. So, that's the distinction. Underwear just means it all but, stuff has individual names too.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Another word that I don't like is "Bloody".

I only dislike the word when it's used to describe something, like "that's bloody awful".

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Feminism. And y'all.

I hate feminism as well. Anything involving a girl also somehow involves feminism it seems!

Did I mention that I don't like the words "attack," "rude," and "mean"? They're being misused out the blue atm.

Toboe

Melody Malone
I don't like any swear words.
Idiot
Ugly

And that's all I can think of at the moment.

Salem

SICK
I used to dislike the word "blog" it feels like a sound people make when they vomit for some reason.

Okay, this is a little weird, but I tend to hate words that start with the letter N, especially if there's an S somewhere in the same word (i.e., nasty).

In addition, words like Fire, ******, genius, gay, and sensual/sensuous—more so the context in which they're used—make me wish that I were never born.

"Fire" because there have been times when I've heard people refer to the Kindle Fire as simply a "Fire", and it makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall repeatedly. How hard is it to just call it by its full name, or just KF? "******" and "gay" because I find them extremely demeaning, no matter the context in which they're used. I mean, were the many synonyms of "stupid" or "silly" not good enough for people that they had to go and turn the most offensive words in history into such commonplace utterances? And lastly, "genius." I hate how much it is thrown around these days. There's a distinct grey area between intelligent and unintelligent; there is no either/or—being intelligent doesn't necessarily mean that you're a genius, either. Oh, and "sensual/sensuous"... just, ugh.

Aside from that, I find any word that was once condemned for being uttered by African-Americans but have somehow become popular after African-Americans stopped using them to be annoying. It's as if everyone and their brother is saying "I'ma", "mah/muh", "n!g/n!gg@/nigg3", or some other word that black people would normally get negative flack for using in everyday conversation; this is most prevalent on the Internet. I guess all of the other ethnicities get a kick out of all of "the cool stuff" that black people no longer even use or care about anymore... "Baby got back. HOLLA"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom