• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Least Favorite Word?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so I really can't think if any stand out words at the moment, so I'll opt for a casual slang word - "Bro".

I say this purely in a mocking manner but I hate the term when used. We don't tend to use it that much over here, but over the Internet it's just everywhere. However, if used in a friendly way, I'm not going to get all mad, it's mainly when it's used in the other way. People use it to soften a blow, for example; "I hate everything about you..... bro". Yeah don't call me bro when you're clearly insulting me, I am not your brother nor your friend so don't use it when your saying something negative towards me.

It's not that I hate the word, it's just the context it's used in that I particularly dislike.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The only word that sticks out in my mind right now is "chick". I only mean the slang definition of "chick" though. I think think it's really a derogatory phrase when it's used to refer to women. There are other more disrespectful words that are used to refer to women, but I won't bring those up here. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Stink
Smell
Opinion

None of those sound really nice in my opinion, and that last one is especially terrifying. Q_Q

I also really hate the word "sexist" and "sexism". They are the worst things I've ever heard. Anything having to do with a girl is sexist these days (clear exaggeration here). "You won't let the girl cut in line? That's sexist!" blah blah blah. I just hate those words to death. Where they once had a decent meaning, now I'm just like "will you PLEASE shut up?" It's the same case with the word hipster, among other things. :/

******(ed) is similar for me. Not only do I not like how it sounds, but I also hate how people throw it around these days. I mean.. it's a disorder, people :(

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
The only word that I don't like that I can think of right now is "bit". I hate when people say things like "That's a bit mean" and so on.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only word that I don't like that I can think of right now is "bit". I hate when people say things like "That's a bit mean" and so on.

Bit harsh. ;)

But I can understand that in many other cases. Like you said, I don't like when people say "bit mean". The words just don't flow well together (imo). :/

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Harsh
Soon
Liquid
Cup
Bring
Stick/Stuck
a certain swear word that will get censored so it doesn't even matter if I type it out or not XD (it starts with a c :rolleyes: )

They're all so tinny.
*cue someone screaming and leaving the room*

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well I don't like swear words a lot, because they make me feel uncomfortable (I know I use them in my writing, but I see that as a different thing). And then there's some stupid slang words and such that people use, that just annoy me. :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom