• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Least Favorite Word?

octorok74

TETTAC
Moist. Seriously, the word sounds disgusting yet no other word can replace it. The closest word is humid, but that brings up thoughts of hair.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My least favorite word would probably be...well, I am not quite sure. I dislike when people say 'ignorant'. The word is just so insulting.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
My least favourite word is "exam," as well as its many synonyms like "test" and "final." Just hearing those words at the doctor's office or in class fills me with dread.

Dan

My least favorite word is, swag. It reminds me of 3 old women in a broom closet, hitting the walls with there knees.

Fig

The Altruist
Basically any form of any word that sounds "kid-like" or "kiddish". For example, I keep hearing kids on television using "moidered" rather than murdered. It really takes some time for me to finally acknowledge what they really mean. One other thing I dislike is that people think they're cool because they can spell words with numbers and such. For example, they change the word "WINNER" to make it look like "W1NN3R". It really makes me ponder if they are trying to sound/look cool or are just illiterate. Things like that just really annoy me and always hurts my ears. Who came up with the idea of changing the pronunciation/wording of the original word? It really makes me furious to also hear "shorten forms" of a word like totes instead of totally. I miss those days when I heard legit grammar and pronunciation. :/

Because of this, YOLO and SWAG are also two words that really annoy me. Sure we all only live once, but that doesn't mean we won't have another opportunity to succeed in whatever we might desire and when that does happen, it will be a better time and place than the first time we encounter the opportunity in our past. YOLO is just a dumb saying and is really changing the younger generation's mind set of their life in the futures. SWAG is another word that I hate to hear. People in my hometown always say they have the most swag because they have bigger "special" parts than their friends, or because they have more personality and better chances with the opposite gender (which is better than the first reason, but not by much in my opinion).

This is my form of SWAG:

She
Wants
A
Gentleman

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
"Chillax." My little sister says it all the time and it is SO FREAKING ANNOYING.

Words You Don't Like

So there are some words that I just can't stand hearing or saying. Not even because of what they mean or anything, I just plain don't like how they sound. I have no idea why, but apparently no one else in my family has this problem because they think I'm crazy.

The words in question are stink, grandpa, and ******. (any variations apply)

I can't be the only one, so what about you guys? Are there any words that you hate for no reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom