• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Least Favorite Word?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mods, I apologize if there is a thread like this one. Searched and came up with no results.​

So, what's your least favorite word? Please, do not come with "made up" words like 'shdklas'.

My own least favorite word is easily 'totes'. Just cannot stand it! What is the reasoning behind saying/writing that?! Is 'totally' too hard to get by with?

Garo

Boy Wonder
"Guesstimate". It serves absolutely no purpose. If you want to sound formal, use estimate. If you are speaking casually, use guess. There is no need to combine them into an awful abomination of a word.

In addition: dongle. I don't know why, I just can't stand it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
A_LINK_IN_TIME, I just don't know why, but that word pisses me off. It looks so stupid and has a lot of bogus meaning behind it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"Kawaii Desu".
Don't get it. Don't want to get it. Don't care for it. Double don't care for it. It's annoying as hell. Just stop it, please.

But we're all otakus on the inside. Like, you know SS? It's so kawaiiiii xDDDDDD desu

My least favorite word is any word that starts with the letter N. Due to a neurological condition known as synesthesia, the letter N often sets off my sense of olfaction, and the smell of stringent body odor comes to mind, so to speak. Said smell might seem innocuous to most, but to me, it actually causes me to lose my train of thought.

Aside from that, another thing I hate actually consists of three words, making it more of a phrase. What I'm referring to is the use of "based off of" in any context. Said phrase makes very little sense to me, and it leads to me to suicidal thoughts of jumping of a cliff.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My least favorite word is "fun." A lot of times people tell me, "Come on and do this, it will be fun!" But then it's not fun. Or they'll do something that annoys me and say, "Oh, we were just having fun." Or someone will just tell me, "You're not a fun person." I would very much like it to be replaced with more specific words that describe a specific quality, rather than having the blanket word "fun" that encompasses so many things.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Back in college people used the word "biased" too much and it's just gotten too annoying. It's gotten to the point where that word sticks out any time someone says it. It get's passed out much too often

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
"Swag."

I just... NO. My English teacher used to use this word to the point of giving us a "translation" of Shakespeare where this word appeared in every other page. I just can't stand it.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I don't like any word that is spelled differently than how it's pronounced. Some people pronounce Gerudo as if it was spelled Jerudo. I don't know or care whether or not if it's the official pronunciation, but i'm not pronouncing it with a J unless it's spelled with a J.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hate the word 'awesome'. I hate it because nobody uses it for the proper purpose
Awesome =Extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.

People use it for something that is perhaps slightly good or when they hear that someone is able to make it to the cinema tonight, that's can be good thing, but it's certainly not awesome.

Occasions where I consider the word is acceptable is when referring to a large spectacle, event or even to myself. Even then It's not something I want to hear more than twice a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom