• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What's your favourite weapon type?

What is your Melee type of choice?

• One handed weapon. (Swords and rods)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Two handed weapons.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Spears.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Bows and Runes.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • One Hand Weapons - Fast attacks and spin slash.
  • Two Hand Weapons - Slow, powerful, knock enemy shields away and whirlwind
  • Spears - Charge multi attack and lots of range. However weaker individual attacks and no enemy knock back power
  • Wands - Good to one shot enemies of different elements and also good to freeze/shock/burn enemies at range

• Bows - Single and multishot plus the 5 different types of arrows. Not a melee weapon so it's different to all the melee weapons.
What is your favourite weapon type?

I actually them all for different reasons. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Two Hand weapons because vs lots of silver moblins and bokoblins the whirlwind I think it so good. Also the higher attack makes workd bosses easier. You only need a faster weapon for a few other random enemies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I would also say spears are my favorite. It's easy to just quickly attack an enemy over and over without allowing them to get a hit in with spears.

Pen

The game is on!
One handed weapons are definitely what I mostly prefer using, since they are fast and allow me to use my shield at the same time. Royal Broadswords and Lizal Tri Boomerangs are what I use a lot. Spears come in second on my list though because I love their long range. Speaking of long range, I've never enjoyed using the bow as much as I enjoy using it in Breath of the Wild. Its controls feel very seamless to me and the wide variety of arrows is a blast (sometimes quite literally). :)

MW7

I like the weapons in the following order:
bows
one handed weapons
spears
two handed weapons
wands

Bows are my favorite thing to use but I feel like the inability to buy an infinite amount of arrows at once limits how useful they are. I wish that if you go through the trouble of unlocking Tarry Town, you should be able to buy however many arrows you want without having to wait. I'd pay 10,000 rupees for 2,000 arrows. I typically fast travel around to every place I can think of whenever I think arrows have restocked and buy everything.

One handed weapons are what I use more than anything else. I like the speed of the weapons as well as the ability to use your shield. I think this is the safest way to play the game.

Spears are also very nice for speed and keeping enemies away from you. I didn't use them very often until I would run into enemies with spears and realized how useful they were. I find enemies with spears to be the most difficult because it's tough to hit them without getting hit unless you use a bow or spear yourself.

Two handed weapons are great when I effectively dodge enemies first or stun them. I like using two handed weapons against Lynels and Guardians for this reason. I find two handed weapons too slow to use against most enemies in the game if you don't rely on perfect dodging to slow things down. However, Lynels are perfect because you shoot an arrow to the face and then hop on the back with a two handed weapon. I rely on dodging with Lynels more often than typical enemies because I don't see the need to be careful with typical enemies. Guardians are similar in that I shoot an arrow in the eye and then get in free hits with the weapon.

Wands can be useful, but I'd much rather use other things. Typically I would only use a flame wand as a torch substitute, but I'd prefer I flame sword anyway.

I like spears, quick combos and a good reach, i'm an offensive fighter so blocking doesnt much come into play unless i've got no food and running low on health, so spears are good for my style.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I prefer two-handed weapons, just because it's fun to send a Moblin or Lizalfos flying off of a cliff ;) However, they don't let you use your shield, which costs me sometimes. I also use bows a lot to get the drop on tougher enemies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well, I like bows, but I don't consider that a "real option" in a list of melee weapon types, so I'll count that out. I try as hard as possible NOT to use 2 handed weapons, since they're really slow, but I still keep them in my inventory.

One handed weapons get on my nerves sometimes, but I try to use them the most. I have a LOT of REALLY powerful one handed weapons that are more powerful than mot of my 2 handed weapons, so I try to use those the most.

I like spears the most, but those are a little hard to find, so I can't say I use them the most.

Well, I like bows, but I don't consider that a "real option" in a list of melee weapon types, so I'll count that out.
Then you, sir, are not a quick enough shot. ;)

On a more serious note, I really enjoy the one-handed weapons the most. They just feel right for me, I enjoy the versatility of attack options and they look neat. I also enjoy spears a lot, because they're fun to use and though their base power is often lower than swords of their level, their charged attack flurries feature five attacks instead of four. My only problem is that they tend to break quickly for items of their strength until you get up to the Royal series.

Bottom of the list for me is Two-Handers. I just don't like them, but I especially hate Claymores.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
  • One Hand Weapons - Fast attacks and spin slash.
  • Two Hand Weapons - Slow, powerful, knock enemy shields away and whirlwind
  • Spears - Charge multi attack and lots of range. However weaker individual attacks and no enemy knock back power
  • Wands - Good to one shot enemies of different elements and also good to freeze/shock/burn enemies at range
  • Bows - Single and multishot plus the 5 different types of arrows. Not a melee weapon so it's different to all the melee weapons.
What is your favourite weapon type?

I actually them all for different reasons. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Two Hand weapons because vs lots of silver moblins and bokoblins the whirlwind I think it so good. Also the higher attack makes workd bosses easier. You only need a faster weapon for a few other random enemies.

I like them all for different reasons. In the beginning I preferred the one-handers since they allowed me to do rapid attacks and still hold up a shield, but now I'm very partial to two-handers since I really like using the spin-attack. I really like using bows as well, particularly while mid-air. Spears and wands are the ones I use the least. I still like them, but they don't get priority when I have to choose between a higher level one/two-hander and a spear. Wands can be very useful for a bunch of things, but will often get swapped out for elemental swords instead.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like one handed weapons the most. Weapons like clubs and spears can help me a lot to keep distance. I don't really like two handed weapons because they slow me down a bit. If I need a quick attack they slow me down. I also like using bows. I always did, way before BotW already.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One-handed weapons are my favorite. The perfect balance of strength and speed. I almost exclusively hoard royal broadswords.
Second choice would be the spears. They're not my weapon of choice but they're handled great in BotW. Not fond of the attack power though. I don't feel like the DPS makes up for it.
And then bows. I am a conservation nut so I don't like to use arrows if I don't have to, even if I have 900 of them.
And then two-handed weapons. They're slow. Slow weapons have never been appealing to me in my entire history of playing video games.
And magic rods are at the very bottom. I usually completely ignore them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom