• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favourite Item in Your Gaming Collection?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What item in your gaming collection is your favourite?

I won a rare Zelda OoT 3D Scroll from participating in a 25 words or less competition via a code I received at the Nintendo Connection Tour in 2011. There are three different designs and only 26 or 27 of each design were ever made.

You can see the designs and information here on the ZD Wiki. Mine is the design with Link fighting Ganondorf. In 2012 a scroll from this series sold on Ebay for $450 AUD, so I hope since then it has gained some more value. I don't plan on selling it anytime soon however as I wouldn't want to part with it, it is my favourite part of my gaming collection.

I got my Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion games signed by Charles Martinet (voice of Mario). He was a really swell guy and we had a really good chat.

I also went to the 2017 Symphony of the Goddess in London and I got a Wind Waker baton which is really good quality.

Otherwise I also got the nifty Master Sword statue in the Special Edition of BotW.

Those are the ones that come to mind but my signed games are probably my favourites.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I ended up finding the Skull Kid MM3D figure at Comic Con last year for pretty cheap. That's the only thing in my collection that stands out.

I probably have a better answer but, I absolutely treasure my Rune Factory 3 & 4 Platinum soundtrack and am really proud to own it. Physical game soundtracks make me so happy, and physical game soundtracks for games I adore make me super happy. Physical game soundtracks for games I adore that are limited edition and I have managed to acquire? Unfathomably happy.

This is not a Gamecube disc. It is for the PC. It only works in tray drives which really are not being made anymore so I do not have a way to play this disc. I believe the Wii was one of the only slot loading drives to read these smaller discs. Still this is a PC disc and can't be read by the Wii.

iXAHc7z.jpg

Hoh84BY.jpg

KNXGbu5.jpg

Usurper King Zant

King of Twilight
My NES, which my dad brought when working abroad.
I was the only kid in the town to have it, so was the most popular person in the school :D

Now it's back home in my parents house, but once my house is finished it will have a special place on a display in my gaming room.

its a pipe dream of mine to have my mario sunshine signed by charles martinet, considering how much of my childhood is in that game, jesus christ you're lucky

It is definitely a highlight of my gaming life. I was very lucky indeed.
I've met a fair few famous people and most of them haven't interested me but Charles was such a lovely guy. I got an extended chat with him because the fire alarm went off at the venue and i had to take the exit with him and some bloke from Game of Thrones.

We chatted in the car park outside for a good twenty minutes. I was so happy that he was such a lovely guy. He truly loves what he does and is still so happy even now to know he is making a difference to other people's lives.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is definitely a highlight of my gaming life. I was very lucky indeed.
I've met a fair few famous people and most of them haven't interested me but Charles was such a lovely guy. I got an extended chat with him because the fire alarm went off at the venue and i had to take the exit with him and some bloke from Game of Thrones.

We chatted in the car park outside for a good twenty minutes. I was so happy that he was such a lovely guy. He truly loves what he does and is still so happy even now to know he is making a difference to other people's lives.

Great opportunity to have an extended chat! I was also lucky enough to meet him a few years back in Sydney during a gaming expo and got a few of my games signed by him too. I was honestly taken aback by how much of a cool and friendly guy he is. He’s so passionate about his role and his fans too!

I think my favorite out of everything has to be my master sword. It's basically a real sword, so I have ways of defending myself if my house gets broken into - I just need to put on my Link hat and I'm ready to fight lol

I don’t have any pictures on hand, not even sure I kept everything since moving sadly. But years ago I won this Facebook raffle thing with one other person if I remember right. D3 sent us free copies of Earth Defense Force 2025 as well as a heart shaped box (I guess since it released on Valentine’s Day or around it) with some dog tags for each class in the game, as well as four different posters of them. Really cool to have something part of the series that was only just starting to get popular in the west.

Next would be all my Nier stuff, though I’m a bit embarrassed about how much money I’ve spent on it all. Got both the black box for Automata, as well as the Snow White edition of Replicant(is that what it was called?). Also got a A2 figurine to go with 2B for how lonely she was, a 2B plush, and a play arts Kaine figure that came with a little Emil head.

Would have liked to get this Daffodil plush from Spiritfarer but unfortunately missed it the first time and had no money to spend when it restocked. At least I’ve got this huge, comfy tshirt of her and Stella.

Lastly I’ve got tons of art books. Deus Ex stuff, Nier Grimoire, DOD3 stuff, plenty more but probably my favorite is a sort of anthology of all of Grasshoppers’ works.

Probably my most prized possession more than anything, is my copy of Mario paint, along with a modern mouse that is for the SNES to play it. I can still boot it up, but my musical talent is next to none. So I usually use guess work when creating songs on it. I don't play it often, but it is probably my most cherished video game. As it brings me back to my younger days. Reminding me both of my grandparents and my parents. One time I booted it up, and next thing I know I had a nostalgia trip last for 14 hours. Which actually made me so high on dopamine, one would think I'm actually high on drugs, but it was purely by the nostalgia trip itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom