• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favourite Dark World Dungeon Order in ALttP?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Everyone who has played aLttP several times has probably noticed that the levels in the Dark World can be beaten in a different order than suggested by the game (that would be simply going from 1-7). Getting items from levels you're not supposed to beat yet can help you greatly beating the previous levels, so here's how I usually do it:

1-4-3-2-6-5-7

You have to beat level 1 first because without the hammer you can go almost nowhere. Then, after getting 1/2 magic, I usually do level 4. To get there you don't need the hookshot, you can use the warp tile south of the lost woods by accessing it from the north - et voilà - you're in Thieves' Town. After that I upgrade my sword to level 3 which makes it a lot easier to beat Mothula in level 3. Level 2 is quite easily done with the lv 3 sword, now you just need 1 slash to destroy the "things" that float around the end boss after you grab them with the hookshot. With that out of the way I go to level 6 (you don't even need the hookshot to get over the 1st pit, running against the block and then quickly turning right will do the job so you could do level 2 even after that) to get the cane of Somaria which makes level 5 a lot easier (no more backtracking). The difficult thing here is that if you don't have the blue mail, the wizzrobes and boss in level 6 will give you a lot of damage (I think it was 4 hearts). Then I upgrade to the lv 4 sword which makes level 7 a piece of cake ;)

Another really exotic order I tried out recently was

1-4-6-5-3-2-7

The hardest one here is obviously level 5. Not having the fire rod is no problem as you can easily use bombos instead. The difficulty comes in one room where you have to bomb yourself diagonally over a pit if you don't have the hookshot. This took me about 10 times and is really HP-consuming! But the reward for that is great: After having beaten both level 6 and 5, you get access to the Super Bomb and with that the lv 4 sword, with which it's incredibly easy to beat Mothula and Arrghus. IIRC it takes one single spin attack to defeat the "naked form" of Arrghus if you have the lv 4 sword :D

This is such a great game that even after beating it 100% 14 years ago you can still kind of discover new things in it!

So what's your favourite dungeon order? Post it here and explain why!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
My favorite order to do the dungeons in the dark world is the normal counting order. I haven't played through it enough times to really experiment.

However on my first playthrough, I was stuck, though I can't remember why, so I went wandering around the dark world village. I acidentally stumbled into the fourth dungeon before I had even entered the third. Anyway, I ended up getting the dungeon item and finding the maiden who needed rescuing, however I got board because I couldn't figure out what I had to do next in the dungeon, and left.

Then I got the level 3 sword and beat the third dark world dungeon, and then I went back into the fourth and figured out how to get the boss to fight. To this day the fourth dungeon in the dark world is still one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
1(halfway through)>2>1>4>3>6>5>7

I really enjoy being able to mix it up. I wish there was more room for that in the more recent games. You can mix it up a bit, but not as much as before... or at least not as easily.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Here's my order:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7

Ummm..... Yeah I've only beaten the game 2 times, and the Ice Palace is easy for me because I only have the GBA version of the game, not the SNES.

I don't really need to explain myself do I?

You've given me the idea to mix it up though, because I never have. I'll probably go like this:

1-2-4-6-3-5-7 It's not that mixed up but whatever.

The way they were arranged. From 1 to 7 in a consistent order.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have to go rearrange the position of my wardrobe to exactly 1.5 metres from my bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom