• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite zelda song(s)?

Hello, I'm curious as to what some of ya'lls favorite Zelda songs are! And if you feel like doing so, maybe telling why it's your favorite and if you have any memories attached to it!

I'll go first!

I really love the Deku Palace theme in Majora's Mask, Outset Island theme, the Hyrule Field theme in Twilight Princess, Farore's Courage, the Clocktown theme, Mipha's theme, Revali's theme, Ravio's theme, and Bamboo Island! There's honestly probably more than that, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
naturally there's a ton I could mention, but at the moment, I'll just call out what comes to mind

the Zelda 2 ost, Link to the Past prologue, Dark World, Eagle tower, Forest temple (OoT), Nocturne of Shadow, Pirate's fortress, Ikana castle, Stone Tower Temple, Dancing Dragon Dungeon, Inside Forest Haven, Wind temple, Cursed Sea, Minish woods, Hyrule castle (MC), Overworld (FSA), Faron Woods (TP), Twilight Realm, Fishing hole, Lake Hylia, Midna's Lament, Canoe minigame, Kakariko Village (TP, Botw), Lanayru desert, Shrine (SS), Zora's Domain (Botw), Korok Forest

+the ones you mentioned

Last edited:
naturally there's a ton I could mention, but at the moment, I'll just call out what comes to mind

the Zelda 2 ost, Link to the Past prologue, Dark World, Eagle tower, Forest temple (OoT), Nocturne of Shadow, Pirate's fortress, Ikana castle, Stone Tower Temple, Dancing Dragon Dungeon, Forest Haven, Wind temple, Cursed Sea, Minish woods, Hyrule castle (MC), Overworld (FSA), Faron Woods (TP), Twilight Realm, Fishing hole, Lake Hylia, Midna's Lament, Canoe minigame, Kakariko Village (TP, Botw), Lanayru desert, Shrine (SS), Zora's Domain (Botw), Korok Forest

+the ones you mentioned
Seeing your list is reminding me of some songs I haven't listened to in awhile, ahhhh!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
There's quite a few that I'd immediately think of. Here's some of them:

ALttP overworld theme, ALttP Kakariko Village, ALttP prologue, Dark World, Ballad of the Wind Fish, Tal Tal Heights, OoT Title Theme, Epona's Theme, Serenade of Water, Astral Observatory, WW's entire soundtrack, Ordon Village, Fishing Hole, Midna's Lament, Lake Hylia (TP), Spirit Tracks Overworld Theme, Hyrule Field (TP), Ballad of the Goddess, Skyloft, BotW Main Theme, Tarrey Town.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
uh, all of them?
picking a favorite OST would be much easier, or rather discussing OSTs would be a lot easier than being forced to pick and choose individual tracks haha
of course, favorite "song" doesn't leave many choices due to a song being explicitly vocal, or a piece evocative of a vocal performance :^)
here are a few of my favorite tracks for various reasons

Cursed Sea

while this isn't the best standalone piece to listen to, I love it as a unique variation on theme, and it does such a good job of providing additional context to the constant rain and storms the Great Sea experiences during the rising action of Wind Waker.

Theme of Breath of the Wild

unfortunately I couldn't find a standard length track, and lol imagine botw using its own main motif. I love this motif so much, but botw doesn't use it nearly enough, you barely hear it the entire game until the final battle, it's such a disappointment to me. This could have been the next OOT Hyrule Field, honestly. It's just great to listen to and it's nice to have a motif completely unrelated to the main theme motif.

Lorule

I prefer Lorule's theme to the Dark World theme mostly because of the instrumentation. The shaker and acoustic guitar add a lot of texture and tempo to the theme that's missing from the original. It makes it feel more adventurous and exciting to me!

Lorule Castle

Lorule Castle theme deserves a shoutout solely because you could show a musician the score and say it was written by Mozart and they would believe you. The instrumentation and theme and variation are both very Mozart to me, and remind me a lot of his 40th symphony, a piece I like very much. Another piece similar to this is the Bolero of Fire, a piece Koji Kondo has stated to be inspired by Ravel's own Bolero. One of my friends is a big Ravel fan and his stuff is very interesting to listen to but not as easy to listen to as Mozart is, imo

these are just some tracks that I think could use the shoutouts, everyone else's suggestions are great and I think it would be much easier to list tracks that I absolutely can't stand listening to:
botw's battle theme

uh, all of them?
picking a favorite OST would be much easier, or rather discussing OSTs would be a lot easier than being forced to pick and choose individual tracks haha
of course, favorite "song" doesn't leave many choices due to a song being explicitly vocal, or a piece evocative of a vocal performance :^)
here are a few of my favorite tracks for various reasons

Cursed Sea

while this isn't the best standalone piece to listen to, I love it as a unique variation on theme, and it does such a good job of providing additional context to the constant rain and storms the Great Sea experiences during the rising action of Wind Waker.

Theme of Breath of the Wild

unfortunately I couldn't find a standard length track, and lol imagine botw using its own main motif. I love this motif so much, but botw doesn't use it nearly enough, you barely hear it the entire game until the final battle, it's such a disappointment to me. This could have been the next OOT Hyrule Field, honestly. It's just great to listen to and it's nice to have a motif completely unrelated to the main theme motif.

Lorule

I prefer Lorule's theme to the Dark World theme mostly because of the instrumentation. The shaker and acoustic guitar add a lot of texture and tempo to the theme that's missing from the original. It makes it feel more adventurous and exciting to me!

Lorule Castle

Lorule Castle theme deserves a shoutout solely because you could show a musician the score and say it was written by Mozart and they would believe you. The instrumentation and theme and variation are both very Mozart to me, and remind me a lot of his 40th symphony, a piece I like very much. Another piece similar to this is the Bolero of Fire, a piece Koji Kondo has stated to be inspired by Ravel's own Bolero. One of my friends is a big Ravel fan and his stuff is very interesting to listen to but not as easy to listen to as Mozart is, imo

these are just some tracks that I think could use the shoutouts, everyone else's suggestions are great and I think it would be much easier to list tracks that I absolutely can't stand listening to:
botw's battle theme

I feel you on the botw battle themes! The only one I liked was the Molduga theme!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite piece in the series used to be Astral Observatory. I'm not sure if I would still call it my favourite, but it is certainly still high up there.

I think my favourite piece to just listen to is Lorule Castle. I don't think it really sounds much like a "dungeon theme", but it's very Final Fantasy-esque to me with the oboe in the intro and I like the somewhat subtle use of the Hyrule Castle theme in reverse plus the addition of Ganon's theme once you reach a certain point. While the theme evolving as you progress isn't unique to this dungeon, I think it's done exceptionally well and the full orchestra that comes in once all the minibosses are defeated gives me chills everytime.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'll do mine by game:
TP:
Hyrule Field, Midna's Lament, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village, Sacred Grove, heck, the entire OST pretty much.

MM:
Clock Town, Song of Healing, Song of Time (Ik it's from OoT, but it's more important in MM), Song of Double Time, Inverted Song of Time...maybe? Oath to Order.

OoT:
Zelda's Lullaby, Song of Storms, Requeim of Spirit, Minuet of Forest, Bolero of Fire, Saria's Song/Lost Woods, Lon Lon Ranch (it's my favorite take on Epona's Song)

WW:
Great Sea is the only one that comes to mind for me, but I haven't played it in a while and it was my first one and I didn't know to pay attention to the music.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My top fav was/is/always will be Gerudo Valley - OoT. From the very first sec I heard it the song has been my fav and this never changed.
Other soundtracks I love are Outset Island, Dragon roost Island, Zora's Domain, Dark overworld theme - ALbW. Gosh so many to name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom