• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As you may be able to tell from my signature, my favourite Zelda game is Skyward Sword. The main reason for this is the motion controls, though there are more. I know a lot of people say the controls are flawed, but I honestly never had any trouble with them. I am also a big fan of the story, and how they attempted to draw away from the "save the princess" formula, even if it was very minimal. And don't even get me started on the artstyle! Artstyle of SS is truly beautiful, I love it! The only thing I didn't really like about SS was the divided overworld. It limited exploration by quite a bit because one does not simply walk into the other regions. You actually had to find a bird statue, return to the incredibly barren sky, and then fly to the region you desired to go to. But, when it comes down to it, that is a very minor detail, so it is still a very good game.

A close runner up would be Majora's Mask.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, TSTER! GET OUT, I SAY!

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Majora's Mask. I thought it struck a perfect balance between open-world and linear areas, and after the first three days, the world really opened up and you could go almost wherever you wanted to. That and the awesome 3-day cycle, the excellent item usage, and great dungeon design put it at my #1 spot (followed closely by Twilight Princess). No game is perfect though; I really hated the save system, and I thought the soundtrack was a little lacking.

M

MasterofSwords

If the WW bar doesn't go up I might have to hurt someone XD I wonder what this would have looked like before SS...

Skyward Sword is my favorite. <3 It was mainly the gameplay that got me going; I had an absolute blast with the motion controls. The music is unforgettable, the story is wonderful, and the graphics and great! While the game does have its flaws, not all of them really bothered me.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I haven't posted here yet? D:

Skyward Sword hands down. I just have way too much funwith the controls particularly the sword, it has some of my favorite songs in the series, including my favorite, Lanayru Sand Sea. The visuals are incredible (given the wiis capabilitys) and the story is pretty good too. It's not perfect, but it's my favorite. :)

S

sweetlilfighter

My favorite Zelda games to play are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit tracks. They are the only two Zelda games I've beaten. I'm total rubbish at all the others, and not for lack of trying :(. I used to watch my brother play them. My favorite Zelda games to watch being played are Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
Best Zelda Game?

A simple one. Choose the one you like best. Please add reasons.
:majora::rupees::bunnylink::triforcepiece::daphnes::)

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Twilight Princess, closely followed by Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. I prefer TP because it has a proper story to follow (the Groundhog system was fun the first time, but tiring at the end) and in many ways it's an improved version of OOT. Point goes to hardcore Zelda!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Ocarina of Time, because it's the best all-rounder. The other games all have bits that are good and bad, but Ocarina of Time only has good. Of course if you're going to compare the mechanics of it to like, Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess then it is lacking but hello, it's older than either of those games so that's not a valid argument for expectations of a game released in the 90s. Anyway, it has everything going for it that more recent Zelda's seriously lack: an actual sensible save system, challenging dungeons, cool items, good characters, an excellent plot and good music. What it beats the preceding games at is the fact the graphics were an immense improvement, it is bigger and more in-depth, more immersive and you can replay it thousands of times without finding it boring.

Salem

SICK
Alttp. It's the most perfect Zelda. It doesn't have the annoying tutorials of the 3D games, no talkative sidekicks, not as cryptic as LoZ, it's just fast paced, as soon as you beat a dungeon, it's off to the next one.

There's no part in it that I dislike, unlike the rest where there's always one little part that I really don't want to do but I have to in order to progress, in alttp on the other hand, it's a sweet ride from beginning to end.

The overworld is very easy to remember, although having a detailed map helps.;0

I got just go on and on on why I think this game is just better than the rest, these are just the main reason, or core reasons if you will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom