• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
OoT has become a classic, and I did vote for it. Mainly because I've played it so many times that I know the game inside and out. But I'd have to say that what ties for first, for me, is TWW and PH. I love the graphics. Toon Link is just adorable. Twice in TWW he got blasted into to the air, only to smack into the side of a stone building. Those tiny moments of comedy lightened the drama and made the story all the more enjoyable. And sailing on the Great Sea was fun.

I was glad to find out PH continued where TWW left off. More high seas adventure. And this time I got to fish while out at sea. The fishing side quest was nice. I liked hunting for marlin. I loved that the OoT-style fairies were brought back for this game. The fact that you can equip the fairies, or spirits rather, to gain an ability was a nice touch. The steamship was also nice. Especially since you could customize it. Really make it your own ship. Oh, and I loved Linebeck. He may have been a bit cliche, but that was what was so great about him in a way.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My 2 favs would be Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess...

However my favorite out of these 2 would have to be Twilight Princess! I have always known abt the Zelda series and I used to go round to my friends house when I was younger as he was a huge Nintendo fan....However I was more apart of the PlayStation 1 generation so the only Nintendo console I had growing up was the GBA. The first time I actually owned a Zelda game was when PH was released for the DS and straight away I was hooked! Shortly after completing it I decided to buy Twilight Princess...Best decision I ever made :)

Straight away I was like oh wow! This game was prob the best game I have played in a while at that time and just everything about the game I loved...The soundtrack was easily one of the best in the series, Midna's Lament, Hyrule Feild theme and the Ending Credits theme...These were some of my favs. Also the realistic graphics made the game look that much better! Especially in cut-scenes like the Eldin Bridge scene <3

Another I thing I really loved about TP was the story and characters! To me the dark them of the story and the way it was told made it feel more real like you actually cared for the kids of Ordan...so link had a motive to actually save Hyrule. I also loved the character development of Midna and Zant....Throughout the game Zant was built up as this seemingly unstoppable villain and he also had that scare factor that a lot of villains lack these days that was until the final fight with Zant:/ As I said as well, I loved Midna, easily one of the best characters we have ever seen in the series. At the start she was very much a complete jerk but as the stroy went on and through all the hard and tough battles her and link endured, they became close and in the final boss figh and final scenes, we see a real connection between the two! Both seem to risk thier own life to save Hyrule and the story was capped off with a great but yet sad ending.

Overall I think due to this Zelda game being one of the most realistic games with a great story, some amazing character development, an epic soundtrack, a large overworld to explore and some great dungeons means that TP tops my list and evem with its many flaws I consider this game to be the most perfect Zelda game to date, I just hope we see Zelda Wii U take a step in the right direction!

1. Majora's Mask--I have never, before or since, been so immersed in the world of a video game. That alone would be enough to make MM number one, but it is also the most brilliantly crafted, strongest-themed game in the series.

2. The Wind Waker--Still underrated, WW contains what may be my favorite story in all of Zelda, and what is certainly my favorite portrayal of the series' most iconic villain. The cel-shading was gorgeous.

3. Skyward Sword--Strong characters, brilliant art style, and the origin of the eternal conflict revealed at last. Rocky exploration made up for by the finest motion controls yet.

4. Ocarina of Time--An undisputed classic. Sweeping in scope, it ushered in a new era of adventure gaming. However, it's lack of depth did leave some small room for improvement.

5. Link's Awakening--My favorite handheld, though I will admit to not having played half of them. One of the odder Zelda adventures, you can't help feel a little guilty at the destruction of Koholint Island, even if it was just the end of a dream.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
Favourite Zelda Game?

My friend and I are having a debate on which Zelda game is the most popular (or currently liked the most). Her favourite is Wind Waker, and mine is Twilight Princess. What is your favourite Zelda game? (Not just from those two, I mean from all of them).:midna:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
My favorites are A Link to the Past and FSA. A Link to the past took the formula of the original Legend of Zelda to a whole new level. Better graphics, better swordplay, deeper story. It was really amazing to play. I also like FSA just because it's fun to play with others. That's it.

Hexone4Life

Game Maven
I'm still new to Zelda and have played just about every game out so far. If I had to pick my favorite it will be between Skyward Sword (Wii) or Ocarina of Time (3DS). I cant pick a winner between them. It's a toss up.

E

evoxpisces

Anytime I get asked my favorite Zelda game I always have to give 1 2D game and 1 3D game because it's like apples and oranges. But anyway my favorites are Wind Waker and Link's Awakening. If I had to choose one of the two, I'd probably choose Wind Waker because it's one of those rare masterpieces and to this day I still love the art style.

I chose Link's Awakening because it was my first Zelda game back when it was bundled with the old B&W Gameboy and it was a fresh experience and it was so very memorable for me. I loved the music, the gameplay, and oh yeah, Roc's Feather. What other 2D Zelda had jumping for an item ability (at least until FSA came out)? I loved the story, the dungeons...almost everything about it honestly. Not to mention I strongly prefer portable games.

I also chose Wind Waker because to me it is an absolute masterpiece of a game, whether you like Zelda or not. I was one of the few who *loved* the art style when it was first revealed and it still looks good nowadays! This is far and away my favorite 3D Zelda of all time. The story was beyond phenomenal, the best in the entire series, if you ask me. The only minor gripe I had about it was the excessive sailing. Everything else made it a masterpiece.

Dark Lord Ganon

Evil Being of Darkness
Your Favorite Zelda Game.

Hello! On this thread you can talk about what your favorite zelda game is, and talk about why you like it.
I like Majoras Mask :majora:. It is a very fun game, and I hope it gets remade on the 3DS soon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As you may be able to tell from my signature, my favourite Zelda game is Skyward Sword. The main reason for this is the motion controls, though there are more. I know a lot of people say the controls are flawed, but I honestly never had any trouble with them. I am also a big fan of the story, and how they attempted to draw away from the "save the princess" formula, even if it was very minimal. And don't even get me started on the artstyle! Artstyle of SS is truly beautiful, I love it! The only thing I didn't really like about SS was the divided overworld. It limited exploration by quite a bit because one does not simply walk into the other regions. You actually had to find a bird statue, return to the incredibly barren sky, and then fly to the region you desired to go to. But, when it comes down to it, that is a very minor detail, so it is still a very good game.

A close runner up would be Majora's Mask.

Lady of Hyrule

Don't Blink!
My favorite is Ocarina of Time. It was the game that got me into Zelda. It was very fun, and had a great story and characters. The music was also very beautiful, and I loved the Ocarina. Also, the temples and the bosses were great. It is an amazing game in my opinion. It had a great feeling of adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom