• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Majora's Mask has been my favourite for some time. Except when I first played it and I moaned like a little kid that it wasn't like OoT. But it grew on me.

I've enjoyed the challenges that it presents like getting all masks in two cycles (not including the first as a Deku), which I managed some years ago now. And more recently I finally did all 4 dungeons (not with fairies though) and got the gilded sword in a single cycle (again not including the first).

I noticed in searching that there is a MM challenges thread, but I didn't want my first post to be a bumping of a two year old thread.

But yeah, MM for the win! Skyward Sword really isn't doing it for me but I haven't given up on it yet.

W

Wind Scar

I have got to say Ocarina of Time! First game with 3D graphics, and now in ACTUAL 3D! It's a nice original that you can play on over 3 systems!! XD

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Ocarine of time, simply because its vast world to adventure, its epic bosses, and the high standards it has put for zelda games today.

A Link to the Past for being the original Zelda that was have come to know and love and it still has that epic sense of adventure that it did the first time that I ever played it. And it was the game that introduced me to the Zelda series so I have to pick this as my favorite, otherwise I would never has discovered the epicness known as The Legend of Zelda!

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
My favorite is Skyward Sword. It is mind blowing!

It is the first Zelda game to use motion controls. I love how Nintendo used this idea in more ways than simply killing enemies. Certain places couldn't be entered without using your sword or another weapon of some kind with creative techniques using the motion controls. It added a whole new level of gameplay standards for not just the Zelda series, but all video games. Skyward Sword will be a hard game to beat when it comes to motion controls.

Skyward Sword also had an interesting storyline. I felt a deeper conection with the characters in the game compared to previous titles, particularly with Zelda and Groose. With most games I am driven by the thought of beating them, but in this one I was motivated to help Link complete his mission. Skyward Sword has a lot of emotional moments that can make people laugh, cry, scream, etc. While it was still your basic "hero saves the princess" kind of story, it was a good one.

Skyward Sword is an amazing addition to the Zelda series, and in my opinion the best one yet.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
That's tough. I basically found every console zelda after Ocarina of Time to be amazing. Skyward Sword is probably my favorite currently though.

M

Maije

I was actually a bit uncertain. The first zelda game i played was Wind Waker and the second Ocarina of Time, but i really fell in love with Twilight Princess as well. Skyward Sword didn't impress me so much that I hoped for... Well I have to go for Ocarina of Time, it's just un beatable! Nuff said!

U

Unfortunate

I've been a lurker here for some time now, and this is the best Zelda site I've seen, so I thought I'd get involved.

I used to think The Minish Cap was my favourite of the series. It had a wonderfully rich overworld, a great dual-world gimmick (normal vs minish Link), and the fantastic kinstone side-quests. However, after finishing Skyward Sword and starting a 6-heart Hero Mode run, I'd have to give the honour of my favourite Zelda to Skyward Sword.

For me, it combined the excellent Zelda formula with the complex level design of the Metroid series, producing one of the most exciting games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The motion controls really benefited the experience, and while the sky could have used some more work and the side-quests fleshed out a little better (they certainly weren't the best of the series), overall Skyward Sword is by far my favourite of the series.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I cannot foresee any future zelda game knocking A Link to the Past out of my top spot. Majority of us fans say OoT was revolutionary for the series ect ect, but I disagree. A Link to the Past's formula and game quest design has been used for every zelda since its making, and OoT was basically a 3-D upgrade to Alttp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom