• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
L

Luzigno

In history without doubt it is skyward sword, but in gameplay and style it is a link to the past, and ocarina of time because of all the good times i had with it ^^

I would have to say my favourite is Majoras Mask. This is solely because I like how you play the entire game through a time period of only three days, and the fact that it has much more intuitive gameplay at times than previous Zelda titles.

J

jediyodabush

With me I always say Oot but once I start playing one zelda game I start thinking... "oh yeah i love Majora and oh Lttp and ooooh love me some Zelda II" It's hard not to love them all!

Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, ALttP. All 3 games are pretty much everything I want in a Zelda game. But I would like a new Zelda game to excel at the musical instrument like OoT did - the ocarina was used very well in OoT.

I loved OOT but I think TP furthered the gameplay of series as well as brought a much longer adventure into the series that why i like it more but OOT has a special place in my heart.

T

Tarshish

I feel that Twilight Princess was everything I ever wanted a Zelda game to be. I've loved almost every game. I can't remember a game I didn't love while playing, but loved TP.

Ocarina of Time without a doubt.
I'm actually surprised at you though Axel, I can't believe you would let SS become your favorite over MM...

It is either WW, MM or SS. WW was just my taste of a videogame! I think I go for that one. The graphic was amazing and the characters (and Link) was very good developed. I liked the way you could see how they felt with the cel-shaded graphic. Like when Link was happy, or sad or amazed. The music was really beautiful too.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask will probably remain as my two favorites for all time. Skyward Sword is definitely a close second though :)

A

ABXInferno

Majora's Mask is my favorite. It's under appreciated cause it was released too late in the N64's lifetime. It's not that with Skyward Sword though...

MM would have sold better if it was released on both the N64 and the GameCube with better graphics on the Cube.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
1. Twilight Princess
While not the most original -- nor the most challenging -- entry in the series, Twilight Princess is the definitive Zelda experience for me. Everything about it, from the combat (despite being somewhat antiquated by Skyward Sword), to the - for lack of a better word - epic boss battles, to the most emotionally engaging (and surprisingly romantically-themed) story that I've ever experienced in a game, makes Twilight Princess my absolute favorite video game.

2. Ocarina of Time
While it seems as though every Top 10 list that you come across has some spot reserved for Ocarina of Time, it’s not without good reason. The game set the standard for console adventure titles, with a revolutionary lock-on targeting system, a lengthy quest, a bittersweet story, and a musical score that will forever be engrained in my noggin.

3. Skyward Sword
It's a pretty tough choice in regards to the #3 spot, but Skyward Sword -- despite having my fair share of issues with the game -- just hit so many of the right notes for me. The orchestrated musical score, the vibrant characters (particularly Ghirahim and Groose), the head-scratching puzzles -- While it may not have had the same impact on me as OoT and TP, it's certainly one hell of a game.

4. Wind Waker
A breath of fresh air to the established Zelda formula (even having come off of Majora’s Mask), The Wind Waker is a one-of-a-kind gaming experience. Yes, the Triforce scavenger hunt that pops up towards the end of the quest is tedious to say the least, but with a story that deftly handles with themes of loss and moving on towards the future, a fluid, engaging combat system, a musical score that comes shining through at just the right moments, and a visual style that is sure to hold up for console generations to come, it’s a small price to pay.

5. A Link to the Past
A title that I regret not playing sooner, Link's SNES adventure is one that I didn't end up experiencing until a couple of years ago. The overworld is so immense that it just inspires exploration, the combat is much smoother than that of the initial two Zelda games, and the musical score is top-notch. In fact, I was surprised that several of my favorite tunes had actually originated from this game (including Ganon's Theme and Zelda's Lullaby).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom