• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
HappyMask thank you. If any thread will create controversy and flaming on this site, it is this one. I've never been so proud.

Anyway the best raer selda is imo any of the GBA ones. There was always that constant thought of, "What's that? What's that? How do I get that? What does that do?" And I love it.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Probably ALTTP because, well, what Sora said.

Majoras Mask is tie for it for me though, because its perfect for what it is.
Probably the most perfect 3D Zelda.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My favourite is definitely Twilight Princess, I've probably explained why multiple times, so I'll keep it simple here.

A lot of my reasoning is down to that great nostalgic feeling, my first true Zelda experience and the game that made me a fan. Ultimately it's one of those special games to me, even if the game was horribly bad in hindsight, I'd still love it. However, I still think it's the best, as I said before, I will have some biased towards this game but I do actually think it's the greatest in the series thus far despite its many flaws.

I'm quite a fan of the darkish theme and and I appreciate it's realism - definitely the most realistic, visuall, so far. It just engaged me more as a player. This combined with a great story, large and diverse overworld, range of dungeons, simply stunning soundtrack and great combat - made this my all time favourite. However, most of my reasoning for why I think it's the best comes from the fact that I feel there's so much potential, essentially this is the perfect template in which to go off and--even with its flaws--I still feel it's strengths bring the game to the series peak.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time, because it's the best all-rounder. The other games all have bits that are good and bad, but Ocarina of Time only has good. Of course if you're going to compare the mechanics of it to like, Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess then it is lacking but hello, it's older than either of those games so that's not a valid argument for expectations of a game released in the 90s. Anyway, it has everything going for it that more recent Zelda's seriously lack: an actual sensible save system, challenging dungeons, cool items, good characters, an excellent plot and good music. What it beats the preceding games at is the fact the graphics were an immense improvement, it is bigger and more in-depth, more immersive and you can replay it thousands of times without finding it boring.

This is essentially my response. However, to be a bit more uplifting of the series as a whole, I'd say every game has its own strengths and weaknesses. Ocarina is just the one that has no weaknesses. As someone once said, the game isn't exactly SHINING - it does not have amazing strengths - but it lacks any gaping flaws. Sure, the economy is balls. But does that really affect everything else the game has going for it? Nah.

Well, I actually started with Twilight Princess. And yes, I admit, it had a little bit to do with me liking the graphics... Either way, I remember it starting out kind of boring(you all know how the beginning of TP is :)), but I started liking it more and more, and later I really loved the game :). Since I started with TP, I guess it will always feel the most "Zelda like" to me, but I like most other Zeldas too.

Close second is MM, third OoT, and fourth WW.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My favorite is TP and SS. The best is TP and OoT. OoT has less flaws, but is more aged...so it depends on which is more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom