• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite unique Nintendo game hardware?

Favorite.

• NES cartridges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES cartridges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64 cartridges

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • GameCube discs

• Switch/Switch light cartridges

• Total voters

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Other than the Wii and Wii U, Nintendo has always made their physical games in some sort of unique way other than a DVD. Which one do you like, for style or practicality or anything else you may find appealing?

(Also, should I add the handhelds onto the poll?)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'm biased towards the GC, so I'll go with the mini discs for my favorite. It wasn't the best decision to make the GC commercially successful, but I still like it.

Behind that would be the Switch cartridge format. Despite the limitations of cartridges, I prefer how they aren't nearly as likely to get scratched and load much more quickly than discs tend to do for modern consoles.

The fact that Switch cartridges can store that much data on such a tiny piece of hardware consistently amazes me.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not sure if NES & SNES should count since every system was cartridged based back then, besides CD add ons (though turbo grafx used cards, and that was pretty hecking unique)

I'll go for switch for having games as massive as the witcher 3 be the size of your thumb, course I have a giant soft spot for gamecube discs

Pretty sure the Wii and Wii U use proprietary technology as well, although they are very similar to DVDs and Blu-rays, respectively. Anyhow, I'll go with the Gamecube discs. I love those small little discs. I don't think we'll ever see something like them again in gaming.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Switch cartridges are awesome technology-wise. They also taste good, you should give one a lick sometime.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably my Virtual Boy and its wonky pseudo-Game Boy cartridge. It's a baffling piece of hardware to use. It's hard to imagine any company looking at the Virtual Boy and imagining that it could serve as a successor to the Game Boy (which was apparently its purpose).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom