• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's your favorite staff roll/credits sequence?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Games have great endings at times. Endings that wows us, and shocks us, with dramatic flair and elegance.

But a game is only truly over when the credits roll. That's the last stop, when you can put down the controller and reflect on the times that has been.

Some credits sequences are amazing - they go beyond more than just a list of names. Whether it'd be by showing additional scenes, or just deliver killer music, games can still impact even while listing names and titles.

If you have any - what's your favorite, and why?

I have, oh dear, so many. I could name Ocarina of Time for it's devastating grandeur. (Or give a tip of the hat to BotW for displaying it's title with Helvetica Neue, of all fonts). But my ultimate answer is probably Nier: Automata. The game makes the credits a part of the gameplay and an online social experiment and does it while also making it so emotionally powerful.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Trails in the Sky FC, of the games I've played. SC might one up it, but this was such an emotional end to a fantastic game. The song just makes it as impactful on the player as it is.

EDIT: Yeah, SC really did one up FC in the ending (now that I’ve finished it), not because it’s that much different from the first game’s ending, but because the emotional payoff of having followed the story from the beginning is brought to a very satisfying conclusion. And the credits song, “I swear...”, really hit me in the feels when it started playing.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
There is no way I can decide a best one, so I'm just gonna list a few of my favorites
for Zelda games, both LA and TWW have credits I love, with great music too.
Mario 64 is an obvious pick, an amazing track while you see all the places you have been. I didn't know this game could make me feel emotional but it still does every time.
Revenge off the metaknight credits in Kirby Super star, mostly due to the track.
Smash in general for always making a game out of their credits, but Melee as the winner.
Super Mario world due to nostalgia mostly.
and I gotta mention Okami, the ps2 credits in particular.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello

I couldn't find an actual staff roll for this one but it's worth playing the game yourself anyway-https://youtu.be/RsTdYLWO3YQ

other ones I like that I can think of have already been mentioned

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Super Mario Galaxy by far. It didn’t have the typical jazz or happy-go-lucky music. It was the theme of a grand adventure.

WW, OoT, and LA all had outstanding staff rolls, but MM stands out to me, it has the festival part, but also an entire segment where the indigo-go’s play the song you helped write, showing how you left a mark on the world.

Pokémon usually has the exact same staff roll. It’s always a song that says “we’re sad that it’s over but we had fun during the journey.” But then BWs staff roll was epic, like you just saved the world. It may not be the best but it definitely stood out compared to other games in the series.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Super Mario Galaxy by far. It didn’t have the typical jazz or happy-go-lucky music. It was the theme of a grand adventure.

WW, OoT, and LA all had outstanding staff rolls, but MM stands out to me, it has the festival part, but also an entire segment where the indigo-go’s play the song you helped write, showing how you left a mark on the world.

Pokémon usually has the exact same staff roll. It’s always a song that says “we’re sad that it’s over but we had fun during the journey.” But then BWs staff roll was epic, like you just saved the world. It may not be the best but it definitely stood out compared to other games in the series.
galaxy is definitely a great one that I forgot

the super mario sheet music book by alfred has an arrangement of it as well that I picked up for a bit, such a great piece all around

and we can't forget the mouse cursor cameo in pokemon sword/shield's credits

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Nier Automata is the easy choice. It manages to tie not just into the story, but into the other people who have played the game. I can't think of a credits sequence I have not wanted to skip more than I didn't want to skip the credits of Neir Automata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom