• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Quote in the Zelda Series?

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
So I've been thinking about all the epic songs and moments packed in all the Zelda games then it hit me. The Zelda canon has a lot of memorable quotes. Now I want to know what is your favorite quote in the Zelda series? Mine would be It is something that grows over time. A true friendship, a feeling in the heart that grows even stronger over tme. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power, and through it you will know which way to go.
- Sheik, Zelda: Ocarina of Time

One of mine is the ever classic "It's a secret to everybody".

I like it because of how obvious and redundant it is. A secret, by definition, is always kept from everybody. It's like saying "The fish lives in the water."

Well, there is another, but I'll bring it up later.

Z

Zelda Fangirl

I really love all sheik quotes before each temple, besides those one my favorite is:
Belief or disbelief rests with you. Garo in MM

"...it smells nice too".-Second part of sailcloth description from Skyward Sword. Ripped right out from the sticky contest I won here a few months ago! :P Good times, good times.

Also, I like, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this". I swear to God, that old man is immortal-Minecraft seems most suited to be his contemporary home if you know what I mean. :yes:

S

ScottFinni

"The flow of time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days." - Sheik, Ocarina of Time.

I'm almost certain I got this right. Something about it makes me feel good inside. I love Sheik quotes. This one has such an impact on me, it was one of the first quotes I put under "favorite quotes" on Facebook.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
"Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other." -Zelda, Twilight Princess

"Time passes, people move.... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..." -Sheik, Ocarina of Time

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever...
Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...
That is up to you.
- Happy mask salesman

Mine's more of a speech

It just added an extra layer to Ganondorf's character and did it brilliantly. There's so much to be read into in those few lines.

^... Gives a whole other side of Ganondorf we've never seen before and it makes me appreciate him more as a character. Great work Nintendo.

EDIT: Realized after posting this that it doesn't include the quote that TheBlueReptile made. That is infact my favorite quote just incase the post was confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom