• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Ominous Quote?

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
This thread is similar to the one Random Person started recently. But here the things work differently, you just tell your favorite ominous or intimidating quote. It doesn't need to be repeatable.

Here goes:

"This island is going to disappear... Our world is going to disappear... Our world... Our... world... " - Dethl (Link's Awakening). Yep, good times, this one is awesome.

"When the five stars shine on the skies, they will tell you your last days." - Sirius (Megaman Starforce 3). This one is a mere refference to the Sigma bosses, but it's fine.

"Man crawls on the earth like vermin, only breeding and fighting for all eternity. Yet you dare judge them... You, who lost the ability to die." - Adam (Trauma Center).

"Nature mandates that mankind will eventually succumb to poison. However, humans created their own poison, called medicine. It's delusion to believe you can toxify nature to avoid your fate." - Adam (Trauma--... you know the rest)

"Soon, this world will be no more." - Corvus (Dragon Quest IX)

"In this battle, I'll drain you dry." - Noble Mandrago (Megaman Zero Collection)

I'm done. How about you?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Eh, I like this. *adds more fuel to the thread's fire*

"Momento mori" - Latin saying. "Remember you will die". Though it depends how you interpret it, because it could lead to carpe diem-esque thoughts. But on the surface, it's so darn pessimistic.

"No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them. She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear, it’s already gone." - *Nimbly dodges spoilers* If you've played the game this is from, you'll probably recognise it, if not, it doesn't really matter since the quote speaks for itself. A character you probably thought wouldn't come into it again suddenly pops up, tell you this (among other just as blunt yet cryptic things) and then just abruptly leaves you hanging. I'd give the quote more context, but believe me, there isn't any. I still find it really ominous, not only because of the hopelessness it implies, but also because said character was practically insane and so it's difficult to tell if the words are actually as horribly important as they sound, or if it's all just the crazy revelations of a should-be-dead, would-be mental patient.

"YOU... CURSE YOU...ZELDA! CURSE YOU...SAGES!! CURSE YOU...LINK! Someday... When this seal is broken... That is when I will exterminate your descendants!! As long as the Triforce of Power is in my hand... " - Ganondorf. I'm not even kidding about this one. The thought of Ganondorf holding a grudge while sitting there for centuries in the 'evil realm', or wherever they banish him, and plotting revenge when you know it's only a matter of time before he escapes is really very ominous. The thought use to really unsettle me as a kid XD

Easy. I've got two.

1. Some of Roll's dialogue in the first Mega Man Legends, as she talks to you over the radio when you're going into the game's third Ruin (like a dungeon, really).

Hey, MegaMan...Have you ever wondered where the Reaverbots came from? I mean, who made them, and why? You know, we go around doing digs all over the place, but...Is it right? It's almost like stealing...

I know it seems unimpressive, but what you have to understand is that most of that game is totally cheery and happy, but one you going into the underground ruins, stuff starts getting creepy. And the third of the ruins in the game is totally high-tech, and that's when things start getting weird and the apocalyptic main plot starts to really pick up. The entire third ruin, as you're reading data on computers, you begin to seriously wonder what the ruins are, and this line of Roll's was just an excellent addition to the atmosphere and general creepiness of that part of the game. Gives me chills. :)

2. The Keeper's Diary from Resident Evil on the GameCube (the dialogue is pretty similar in the original PlayStation version though). After the diary details the keeper being infected with the T-Virus and getting sick, the diary just gets awesomely disturbing and creepy:

May 16, 1998

Rumours going around that a researcher who tried to escape the estate last
night was shot. My entire body feels hot and itchy and I'm sweating all the
time now.

I scratched the swelling on my arm and a piece of rotten flesh just dropped
off. What the hell's happening to me?

May 19, 1998

Fever gone but itchy. Today hungry and eat doggie food.

May 21, 1998

Itchy itchy Scott came ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

4 / / Itchy. Tasty.
"Itchy. Tasty" wouldn't seem like a scary line on its own, but it's pretty bad here as you can see. :P

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
"You know nothing. Hell is only a word ... the reality is much, much worse." - Dr. Weir, Sam Neill's character in Event Horizon.

"If you really want to see Mary, you should just DIE. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James." - Message written in blood on the wall at Neely's Bar in Silent Hill 2.

"Hmm... You waste your last breath on insults, and feeble ones at that. Die then, fool of Frelia." - Caellach (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

"Grr... Your eyes annoy me... Why do you not despair? Why do you not surrender?" - Riev (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

"You're about to die. Scream if you must."- Damian (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)

I love ominous quotes.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
"Is this really... Is this really what you want? If history is changed... We pokemon of the future will dissapear" - Dusknoir (PMD EoT/D/S)

I'm gonna keep this thing going with some quotes from the Zelda games

"The wind...it is blowing..." - Ganondorf (Wind Waker)

“Your people have always amused me, Midna. To defy the gods with such petty magic, only to be cast aside… How very pathetic. Pathetic as they were, though, they served me well. Their anguish was my nourishment. Their hatred bled across the void and awakened me. I drew deep of it and grew strong again. Your people had some skill, to be sure, but they lacked true power. The kind of absolute power that those chosen by the gods wield. He who wields such power would make a suitable king for this world, don’t you think?” - Ganondorf (Twilight Princess)

"But if you are one of the chosen wielders of power, as you claim... I will risk everything to deny you!" - Midna (Twilight Princess)

"I... I shall consume. Consume... Consume everything..." - Moon (Majoras Mask)

I might post some more later on.

Dr. J.S. Steinman: What can I do with this one, Aphrodite? She WON'T... STAY... STILL! I want to make them beautiful, but they always turn out WRONG! That one... too fat! This one... too tall! This one... too symmetrical! And now... what's this, Goddess? An intruder? He's ugly. Ugly! UGLY! UGLY!

Bioshock quotes really freak me out. This one actually scared me.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
"I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!" -- Culex, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

"People fear and hate what is not normal. They are scared of those that are different. Then the solution is for everyone to become the same." -- Mithos, Tales of Symphonia

"I... will... not... perish... as... long... as... there... is... evil... in... the... hearts... of... people..." -- Zeromus, Final Fantasy IV

"Cold be hand and heart and bone, and cold be sleep under stone: never more to wake on stony bed... never, till the Sun fails and the Moon is dead. In the black wind the stars shall die, and still on gold here let them lie, till the dark lord lifts his hand over dead sea and withered land." -- Borrow-wight, Lord of the Rings

Rytex

Resident Netizen
All worlds begin in darkness. And all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it. It grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness from whence it came! - Xehanort/Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, KH:BBS/KH1

If you EVER mess with me again, I'm going to use my LOIC program on you. - Me, to a few people who screwed up my facebook page. LOIC is a program that causes a DoS attack (see wikipedia on it) on the target. I'll put it this way. It is NOT good for your computer.

Memento mori (remember you will die). - Latin phrase to remind people of their mortality.

Mors Ego Sum Mortis - I am the death of Death itself.

"N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence." - Concordia (Pokemon Black & White)

"Some damn foolish thing in the Balkans will start the next great war." - Bismark, Chancellor of Germany

"Preemptive war is like committing suicide out of fear of death." - Bismark again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom