• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite (Non-Zelda) Game of All Time?

Salem

SICK
Something Mario or Mega Man.

To be more speceoifc one of the NES Mario games, SMB2 or 3, although I think I prefer 2, or Yoshi's Island.

As for Mega Man, MM2 or 3 or MMX1 or 2.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE AVY. :hug:

Handheld would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I didn't even bother to read the whole thread. Yes AvatarFlygon, yes pkfroce, just plain yes. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the most beautiful ****ing game ever, outside the Zelda games. Just yes.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i suppose it would be super smash bros brawl

i was never more exited for a game than i was w/ brawl,it was the PRIMARY reason i got the wii,i literally played the game daily during the first 2-4 years of when i got it [my wii broke down and i was in a serious brawl withdraw....it was my meth],all the machinimas and stuff was a very critical part of my middle school days,i undeniably put more hours into it than i did or ever could w/ any other video game [melee could probably be close]

too many faves to pick just one.
Some of em are

NES:
SMB2 and 3
Castlevania II
Duck Hunt
Faxanadu
Hogan's Alley
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man 2 and 5
Punch Out
Spot

SNES:
DKC Trilogy
Earthbound
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Tetris Attack

Sega:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Toejam and Earl's Panic on Funkotron
Ecco the Dolphin
Streets of Rage

GBA:
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Aria of Sorrow
Mega Man Zero series
Pokémon Leaf Green
Pokémon Pinball

Wii:
Punch Out
Okami
Chocobo's Dungeon
Skylanders 1 and 2

DS/3DS:
Kirby Squeak Squad
GS Dark Dawn
Pokémon Black 2
Pokémon Y
Dawn of Sorrow

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Ultima Underworld. Tie between Mass Effect and Bioshock Infinite for modern favorites

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
My favorite game of all time is Dragon Age: Origins, or Dishonored, I loved them both. But I like the Elder Scrolls as a series much more than either of those games.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Either Deus Ex, Half Life 2, Final Fantasy 8, or Dota 2. And probably Telltale's The Walking Dead as well now.

It's pretty much impossible to pick just 1 of them, there's so many games that I love but those are the ones that I love and play the most. I replay Deus Ex, HL2 and FF8 pretty much yearly, especially now that they're all on Steam and so easily installed again. Dota 2 has captured me like no other game has with the amount of depth and variety there is to what on the surface looks to be a simple game. And The Walking Dead is just amazing. Some other games might have better writing, but no game has made me care so much about fictional characters like it has. There's nothing special or magical about Lee, but he's definitely one of the most memorable characters of any game imo.

If I had to pick 1... I'd probably pick Half Life, since that's the game that made me decide I wanted to do games for a living, not just a hobby.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Probably Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, though Super Smash Bros Melee, Brawl, and Project M (PM probably doesn't count) all come really close.

A Zelda game has never been my favorite although Ocarina of Time is pretty close.

It's a toss-up between Halo: Combat Evolved and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'd say the original Halo has the upper hand in single player, while Melee is my favorite multiplayer game. I spent whole weekends, breaks, and summers playing those artistic masterpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom