• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats Your Favorite Memory of Zelda?

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
My favorite memory of Zelda was when I was playing OoT and I really wasn't in to Zelda I just messed around because I didnt know what to do after the deku tree. Then my Sisters BF came and took the controller and helped me haha I had a blast with him. But then they broke up before we beat it and I had to do the Water Temple and the other ones by my self and in that time I really got into Zelda and thats why im here today writing this! Ah, thank you Zelda for giving me a good and happy life!:)

my memory is a bit similar to yours, i would just mess around all over the game but then my cousin came over to visit from Michigan and helped me all the way up to the Death Mountain temple and at that point he had to go back to Michigan, so i had to do everything else on my own as well cause he rarely comes here

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
My favorite memory of Zelda is actually how I got started with the series. I first encountered the series when some girl in my 1st grade brought a doll of Link for show and tell. At the time, I thought it was cool, but I called the boy in green Zelda back then.

My next experience was when I was 7. I was at my friend Steven's house, and we decided to play some Gamecube. I really wanted to play Sims, but Steven insisted that I tried out The Wind Waker. I watched him play for a bit, and I thought that the game looked fun, but I wasn't really interested. Then he showed me the Great Sea, and I fell in love! It was amazing that there could be something as cool as an entire ocean that you could explore in any of my games! I didn't get the chance to play it however, because Steven's parents didn't like video games.

Next experience was at my cousin's house, were he was playing Twilight Princess. He was then starting the Lakebed Temple, and it looked really hard! He eventually rage quit, and he left the dungeon to go to lake Hylia... It was stunningly beautifull (for a game), and I asked wether or not I could try, he said sure. I didn't get past the goat hearding, so I was frusrtated. I then told myself that I would buy the game and give it a second chance.

About six months after playing Twilight Princess, I bought it with some Christmas money (note, this is January 2010) and I really enjoyed it. I must of played 70 hours on my first quest, as I had fun exploring the world and looking for poes and bugs. I then went online to find out more about this series, and I found this site (I didn't join here until more than a year later). I disovered that the series was old, going back to the 80's. I also found out about the then unamed Zelda Wii (skyward sword) wich I obsesivly followed.

Then, about 8 months after buying Twilight Princess, my house was robbed... Gone were all of my mother's jewelery, ans some other possesions, but the worst of all, my entire video game collection, about 4000$ worth, was stolen... I was depressed for months, I lost interest in a lot of things, including sports, and school. To cheer me up, my mother bought me The Wind Waker for my Gamecube, wich was luckily not stolen. I loved the Wind Waker more than I loved Twilight Princess, because it got me throught a tough spot in my life, and I will always be thankfull for the Zelda series.

With the $700 dollars we got for Gamecube Games that were stolen, I bought Four Swords Adventures and The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's edition. I got to finally experience Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and the two NES Zelda games, wich I enjoyes imensely.

Though the Zelda games have a lot of memorable moments in themselves, my fondest memories will be of what they did for me in the real world... *sniff*

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
If you were to say least favorite, it would be when my brother accidently erased my file of TP...........I'd been up to Snowpeak Ruins. My favorite would be when the giants stopped the moon from falling, the music made it sad and melancholy............

Going through Kokiri Forrest and The Great Deku tree as a kid was so new and amazing and one of the most amazing gaming experiences I ever experienced.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@Cuju

I'm serious. Your story very touched me. I think, these are memories that lasts forever.

So, what about me?
It is really long ago. Maybe more than 15 years (growing old is getting old).

It was at the end of A Link to the Past. I've finally managed to kill Ganon. After a million try. Both of my parents failed at Ganon. But somehow, I've managed it. When the credits started to roll, and you see all the happy people of Hyrule (especially the Ocarina boy from or near the Lost Woods), tears started to flow down my cheeks. I was a little embarrassed because my parents watched over at me.

This is my favourite Zelda memory. And I will keep it forever.

Last edited:

Lupine

Sacred Beast
My favorite memory of Zelda is actually how I got started with the series. I first encountered the series when some girl in my 1st grade brought a doll of Link for show and tell. At the time, I thought it was cool, but I called the boy in green Zelda back then.

My next experience was when I was 7. I was at my friend Steven's house, and we decided to play some Gamecube. I really wanted to play Sims, but Steven insisted that I tried out The Wind Waker. I watched him play for a bit, and I thought that the game looked fun, but I wasn't really interested. Then he showed me the Great Sea, and I fell in love! It was amazing that there could be something as cool as an entire ocean that you could explore in any of my games! I didn't get the chance to play it however, because Steven's parents didn't like video games.

Next experience was at my cousin's house, were he was playing Twilight Princess. He was then starting the Lakebed Temple, and it looked really hard! He eventually rage quit, and he left the dungeon to go to lake Hylia... It was stunningly beautifull (for a game), and I asked wether or not I could try, he said sure. I didn't get past the goat hearding, so I was frusrtated. I then told myself that I would buy the game and give it a second chance.

About six months after playing Twilight Princess, I bought it with some Christmas money (note, this is January 2010) and I really enjoyed it. I must of played 70 hours on my first quest, as I had fun exploring the world and looking for poes and bugs. I then went online to find out more about this series, and I found this site (I didn't join here until more than a year later). I disovered that the series was old, going back to the 80's. I also found out about the then unamed Zelda Wii (skyward sword) wich I obsesivly followed.

Then, about 8 months after buying Twilight Princess, my house was robbed... Gone were all of my mother's jewelery, ans some other possesions, but the worst of all, my entire video game collection, about 4000$ worth, was stolen... I was depressed for months, I lost interest in a lot of things, including sports, and school. To cheer me up, my mother bought me The Wind Waker for my Gamecube, wich was luckily not stolen. I loved the Wind Waker more than I loved Twilight Princess, because it got me throught a tough spot in my life, and I will always be thankfull for the Zelda series.

With the $700 dollars we got for Gamecube Games that were stolen, I bought Four Swords Adventures and The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's edition. I got to finally experience Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and the two NES Zelda games, wich I enjoyes imensely.

Though the Zelda games have a lot of memorable moments in themselves, my fondest memories will be of what they did for me in the real world... *sniff*

..*sniff*... that's deep. and touching :)

My first Zelda game (and my first lengthy video game. I wasn't much of a gamer before it), was TWW. My dad and I would spend hours playing it, although we also spent about 45% of that time bickering with eachother like siblings. The Wind Waker held many great memories for me, such as chasing little pigs around on outset or exploring the dungeons, and the next thing I knew, I was hooked on Zelda. :)

X

Xanader

I would have to say that my favorite memory of playing one of The Legend of Zelda games was when I was around 6 or 7 years old and I was playing ocarina of time on my older brother's N64, I was trying to buy the Kokiri shield but only had 04 rupees, I thought I had enough to buy it (I'm all certain we know it cost 40 rupees), so I threw a fit because I was super mad. So my older brother came down stairs and explained to me what the problem was and I felt very...What's the word?....Crunchy. It's my favorite memory because I find it to be very amusing. :P

Oh Theres So many great Memories.
But my favorite would have to be when i first played the oot it wasnt my first to beat but the only one i remember beating. My cousin would help me beat the deku tree and the dongondo Caverns but then he just left and i was 5 i played the game for another year until i beat it..but the thing i remember is when link and zelda were standing floating there and she played the song of time and then i knew that i was hooked on Zelda. since then ive beaten the oot 10 times and every time i see them floating there i just forget about everything for a split second and i feel Accomplished.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Fighting Dark Link for the first time. And I´m neither talking Ocarina of Time nor Four Swords Adventures. I´m talking the real thing, Zelda II The Adventure of Link :) Of course, I was young then, but surely it was an amazing clash, an amazing swordfight (and to meet him again, quite many years later, in Ocarina of Time. That was actually rather nice too) :)

I have to agree with the comment above mine. Fighting Dark Link for the first time was amazing! (Of course, this was OOT mind you as it was the first Zelda game I ever played.) Just the whole atmosphere of that room with the tree in the middle of the slightly flooded floor, walking to the door on the other side, then turning around and seeing Dark Ling standing by the tree. Of course, then you start fighting and clash your swords a billion times, making it one of the most unique fights in the game. That's when I knew this was epic and the series was for real! Best part of the Water Temple for sure too. That was my first GREAT Zelda memory. Of course, I had many more to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom